Type de contrat : CDM
Expatriate contract under Swiss labour law 3 400 CHF (~2 950 €) 4 750 CHF (~4 100 €) net salary/month according to experience x 13, Annual Leave: 25 days per year. Contract includes also local accommodation and transportation, health and repatriation insurance, return flight.
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Purpose of the position
The coordination team provide financial, HR, administrative and risk management service to Tdh Country Office in Nigeria. The job holder will provide strategic overview and management of Finance, and Human Resources as well as General Administration; leading on business process reengineering initiatives that will ensure appropriate integration of departments. The job holder will reinforce value for money criteria in close cooperation with the program and management units.
Performance Management & Program Intelligence
- Leads the financial guidance of activities, performs proactive monitoring and analysis to facilitate strategic decisions.
- Is the main financial point of contact for information related to program support.
Financial Planning and Information Management
- Leads the annual and periodical financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes to ensure efficiency and compliance with all organizational standards of management and accountability.
- Monitors grants and ensure compliance with all donor reporting requirements, including proposals, budgets and donor reporting liaising with donors and partner organizations.
- Provides strategic financial counsel to the Country Director and Country management team, ensuring accurate and timely financial information
- Assumes a strategic overview of financial management systems across all programme/projects, taking note of changing external and internal environment in financial and economic conditions
Grant Management and Donor Reporting
- Reviews and signs off all proposal budgets, budget reallocation/addendum and donor financial reports.
- Manages restricted funds (e.g. EU/ECHO, USAID/OFDA,DFID, SDC, MoFAs, etc.) in collaboration with Grant Manager/Head of Quality & Monitoring to ensure best practice for compliance and financial reporting as required.
- Conducts regular effective risk analysis (i.e. variance analysis, trends) and reviews for the office, ensuring proper financial and operational controls are in place
- Creates strategies to mitigate financial and operational risk, working closely with Country Director
- Leads Pre-audits, expenditure verifications, audits and forensic audits ensuring that TORs are up to tasks and management response is properly coordinated and submitted timely
Leadership, Coordination & Capacity Building
- As a member of the coordination team, support the development of the country strategy, with a focus on ensuring enough capacity and support to the operations
- Support local partner capacity building in financial planning, management and reporting.
- Formalizes the HR policies in terms of guidelines, procedures, and tools related to the employee life cycle
- Works in close partnership with the Legal Advisor and the Tax Advisor in order to ensure the respect of the Nigerian legal framework.
- Supervises the appraisal process of the employees
- Tracks the career development in Tdh Nigeria
Responsabilités principales :
In 2009, Boko Haram started an armed strike against the military and civilian GoN’s target. Since then, the violence has only escalated in terms of both frequency and intensity.
After more than ten years of conflict, the humanitarian crisis in the BAY states remains one of the most severe in the world today. A total of 7.9 million people – more than one in two people in the three crisis-affected states need humanitarian assistance in 2020. One in four of the affected population is under 5 years of age. Women and children constitute 81% of the overall crisis population and 87% of the new displacements.
Tdh has established a Country Office in Nigeria since the last quarter of 2017 to join the Lake Chad Basin Crisis global humanitarian response. Up to now, Tdh is operating only in Borno State, essentially in the Eastern Part of the State. Tdh is targeting people affected by the crisis by addressing gaps related to the access to some primary needs or social basic services.
The Finance, Administrative & HR coordinator is based in Maiduguri, as the rest of the country coordination. He/she is supported by a Finance Manager and an HR/Adm Manager.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Education: Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or closely related field i.e. in the areas of Project management, social sciences or a combined professional qualification.
- Language: Excellent oral and writing skills in English – French an asset
- Experience: At least 3 years previous experience in a similar position in an NGO at a management level in the field
- Successful track record of developing humanitarian strategies and securing high levels of funding from institutional donors (g. EU/ECHO, USAID/OFDA, DFID, SDC, MoFAs, etc)
- Experience managing campaign and long-term program budgets of over €7 million and reporting to relevant donors.
- Critical focus on providing a superior service level to managers and colleagues
- Good leadership skills: experience of working in a supervisory position with a team structure
- Ability to work well and punctually under pressure
- A commitment to excellence; attention to detail