Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Senior State Facilitator
Locations: Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta and Rivers
- The role is for a Deloitte Independent Facilitator who will take on responsibilities as a Senior State Facilitator for the UNICEF Health Programme in Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta and Rivers State.
Areas of Coverage
State – LGA:
- Akwa Ibom – N / A
- Bayelsa – N / A
- Delta – N / A
- Rivers – N / A
- Support the development of annual state work plans and implementation of quarterly state work plans for EPI (social mobilisation and vaccine security) to ensure conformity with comprehensive Multi-Year plan (cMYP) and articulation of a well-defined action tracker for monitoring implementation.
- Support the development and implementation of state work plans for EPI (social mobilisation and vaccine security) to ensure conformity with the comprehensive Multi-Year Plan (cMYP) and Effective Vaccine Management Improvement Plan (EVM IP) including articulation of a well-defined action tracker for monitoring implementation.
- Support the development of State Logistics Working Group (SLWG) Work Plans towards implementing the vaccine management standards and practices including bundling vaccines, maintaining stocks levels, preparing and following optimised distribution plans of vaccine, devices and data tools for RI and SIAs and ensuring cold chain functionality and maintenance in line with Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) standards.
- Review the temperature records of state cold stores and advocate for solving identified gaps such as ensuring timely repair and routine maintenance of cold chain equipment; backup generators are functional, adequate funds are provided to operate generator as required on continued basis and provide regular reports.
- Ensure that computerized temperature monitoring devices provided to stores are functional and maintained and Temperature Monitoring and Control (TMC) systems are adhered to.
- Facilitate the development of a State Action Plans for implementation of the Polio and other SIAs including MNCHWs in the target States and support their implementation.
- Facilitate tracking progress of implementation of the Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) improvement plans at state, LGA and health facility level by the SLWG.
- Serve as State technical advisors in cold chain management, delivery and distribution of vaccines for routine and supplemental immunizations including polio and other SIAs. Assist with the implementation of guidelines and norms regarding cold chain and safety of immunization services delivery.
- Support the state team in ensuring timely planning and disbursement of UNICEF funds to LGAs and monitor proper utilization.
- Develop specific related vaccines security and logistics strategies for reaching the heard to reach nomadic and minority groups in the high risk within the state.
- Transfer of competencies to State and LGA Cold Chain/Logistics Officers on VSL issues:
- Support capacity building of government and partners in immunizations with special emphasis on VSL taking into account the lessons learnt and new developments from the Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) processes and New Vaccine Introduction.
- Support capacity building of State cold chain officers on new cold chain equipment technologies in light of GAVI CCE optimisation systems for effective cold chain planning in respective states.
- Assist in the CCEOP equipment distribution, installation and proper use.
- Assist State / LGAs in building cold chain and logistics equipment inventory and efficient equipment management systems, utilize same for needs assessment and provide corrective trainings as the need arises.
- Support states in conducting trainings, supportive supervisions in vaccine management & logistics and cold chain maintenance.
- Provide regular comprehensive bottleneck analysis of stock, cold chain operational status and coverage (RI & SIA) of states and support states in implementing the innovative solutions on a monthly basis.
- Support the CCO and SIO to be conversant with the use of national Stock Management Too / LMIS and ensure completeness and accuracy of the data therein.
- In collaboration with the state teams, undertake supportive supervisory field visits to LGA and communities to assess progress, identify problems and propose remedial or alternative strategies or courses of actions to accelerate / improve quality of EPI delivery in the assigned state.
- Facilitate timely distribution of vaccines to the LGAs and monitor the state and LGA levels and support states and LGAs for timely distribution.
- Serve as UNICEF’s representative at state level in advocacy, planning, implementation and monitoring of the immunization activities.
- Carry out any other duties in support of UNICEF led Health interventions as assigned by supervisor or authority of UNICEF field office.
- Medical degree (MD) or Bachelor’s Degree in Business / Health Sciences / Material Management / Engineering or equivalent (minimal).
- At least three (3) years progressively professional work experience with at least one (1) year providing technical support in the area of logistics, supply chain management, health, immunization, cold chain (OR) a Master’s degree in Public Health or Pharmacology, Business or Engineering.
- At least one year experience in managing cold chain system for vaccines or other related medical supplies and providing immunization services is an advantage.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of the three (3) major Nigerian languages is an added advantage. of the duty station is an asset.
- Experience in social mobilization, advocacy and communication in health-related programmes, training / capacity building, team leading and team building.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and coordinate logistics activities as well as to transfer knowledge and skills.
- Strong analytical (including data) and negotiating skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications including excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to monitor progress, collect and analyse data, effect corrections and prepare reports.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an international or multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- The role reports to the Health Specialist
- The duty locations covers Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta and Rivers States.
- The contract duration is 4 Months
Application Closing Date
6th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online