Location: Borno State, Nigeria
Contract type: Full time, fixed term contract
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing date: Friday, 16 October, 2020
Options Consultancy Services seeks a COVID-19 Advocacy and Accountability Officer in Borno State to provide support and guidance on accountability issues relating to COVID-19 and health security more broadly in collaboration with the Advocacy and Accountability Coordinator and in partnership with the PERL focal person in the state. Responsibilities:
The summary purpose and objective of the role is to:
- Deliver guidance and innovative approaches towards COVID-19 community preparedness and response to strengthen health systems resilience.
- Engage directly with high-level political actors at federal and state levels to encourage increased public health spending as means to tackle Covid-19 and kick-start UHC reforms
- Provide strategic guidance to CSO coalitions at the state level and other CSOs for effective and efficient performance on accountability relating to COVID-19
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Technical background in health security, community health systems and accountability of health results
- Strong understanding of the Nigerian health system
- Good connections with state and non-state actors in the health sector in the state
- Experience of working with the media to communicate advocacy messages.
- Proven skills in capacity building and analysing data and packaging it for targeted advocacy
- To apply, please fill in the form here.
- Closing date for applications is: 16th October 2020
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Interviews will be held on a rolling basis as applications are received
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.