Malteser International has been working in Nigeria since 2017. In Northeast Nigeria and more specifically in Borno State, MI is currently active in the WASH sector for improving the lives of both the IDP population as well as the host communities. The WASH activities focus on improved access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. They include NFI distribution, solarization of boreholes, rehabilitation of hand pumps, construction of latrines and hygiene promotion. Malteser International thereby applies a participatory, gender sensitive and inclusive approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer (M / F / D)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- In support of our work in Maiduguri, Nigeria, Malteser International is looking for a motivated Human Resources Officer (m/f/d) – National position.
- The Human Resources (HR) Officer is responsible for coordinating and supporting all HR related activities of the Malteser Program in Borno state, Nigeria. Within the responsibilities, the HR Officer will need to ensure compliance with Malteser International’s and donor administrative, financial, safety and security and logistic procedures in the work.
- Manage all documentation related to the administration of staff contracts, benefits and maintain adequate records of all correspondence
- Prepare offer letters and contracts for new staff
- Provide employee numbers and open individual files for new employees
- Maintain a database and monitor dates of all staff contracts and renew as and when necessary
- Monitor staff absence and leave and ensure the filing of appropriate documentation
- Receive the recruitment requisition, prepare appropriate vacancy for both internal and external announcement (Advertising) and ensure timely placement of the vacancy announcement in the newspapers
- Prepare leave roster and monitor submission of leave authorization forms to staff
- Ensure accurate filing of all staff related correspondence
- Support Recruiting Managers of projects and departments to prepare job descriptions with competency profiles
- Compile and assist with the shortlist of the candidates and invite short listed candidates for interviews
- Liaise with recruiting managers to prepare interview questions and prepare interview summaries after each interview
- Ensure reference checks are carried out before offer letters are issued out
- Assist the HR & Admin Manager in the management of staff benefits
- Regularly and promptly, address queries from managers and staff on their benefits
- Prepare Payroll and other adjustment to payroll accordingly and share with finance
- Be an active role model towards population, by adhering to a healthy personal behavior and life style
- Maintain a non-judgmental and supportive attitude towards colleagues and beneficiaries regardless of their background, political affiliation or religion.
- Take responsibility in representing Malteser International towards the local population, authorities and other (I)NGOs
- Adhere and respect Malteser International guidelines and codes
- A minimum qualification of a first degree in Human Resource, Administration, Management and relevant work experience
- A minimum of 3 – 4 years’ experience in Human Resource or administration or related areas
- Experience in guiding and building the capacity of staff
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English language proficiency (written and oral)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (or similar software)
- Starting date: As soon as possbile
- Duration of contract: 11 months
- Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package
- Kindly note that this a national position
- We offer a challenging position with many opportunities in a highly motivated team environment.
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Kindly submit your Application (CV, Letter of motivation, copies of Diplomas and three professional references).