Deadline: Oct 31, 2020
Organisation: Team Engineering S.p.A
Sectors: Civil Engineering, Transport
Job type: Contract, 12 months +
From 10 years
Date posted: Oct 16, 2020
- The position, based in Nigeria, is assigned to a 3-year consultancy project for the construction of a new standard gauge railway line;
- The Railway Infrastructure Design Expert will work within an international team, composed of both expat and local technical staff;
- The team will support the Client (Government body) in the technical Quality Assurance of the Project;
- The team is in charge of the vetting of the design drawings, prepared by the Contractor, entrusted by the Client for the construction of the railway line;
- The activities will cover, among others:
- Vetting/Checking of design drawings, according to international standards (and most suitable technical parameters/solutions applicable to the specific project), prior to the construction phase;
- Technical comments issued, regularly on the basis of the design vetting activities;
- Interactive technical meetings with the Contractor and the Client;
- Periodic visits to the sites of the infrastructure, in coordination with the on-site Work Supervision Team.
- High level of education (Master of Civil/Transport/Railway Engineering Degree);
- Minimum 10 years of experience on similar projects/assignments;
- Excellent English (spoken and written);
- Knowledge of international standards and regulations (BS, Eurocode);
- Previous experience in design / design coordination of railway projects;
- Proactivity, goal orientation and ability to work with tight schedules are required. Problem solving and lateral thinking. Excellent Teamwork, good communication skills and information sharing with colleagues are essential.
- Proficiency in MS Office;
- Proficiency in CAD software.
Additional Knowledge, Experiences
- Knowledge and experience in software and management procedures.
- Knowledge of “Code for Design of Railway Line” of the People’s Republic of China is a preferential factor;