SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lifting Superintendant
Contract: International Contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Employee Status: Operative
- Ensures HSE values are well understood and are not breached under any circumstance while carrying out offshore construction activities on the FPSO Akpo.
- The Senior Rigger is the designated ‘responsible person’ in overall charge of lifting equipment and operations on the FPSO under ECP scope of work.
- Prepares lifting/rigging plans.
- Prepares the permit to work and getting it approved by Site Lifting Specialist.
- Organizes the day to day lifting and rigging activities offshore in conjunction with ECP construction work leader.
- Compiles and maintains a Rigging Loft register and ensures that equipment is in good conditions.
- Ensures that the level of supervision on site is sufficient to meet project specifications requirements.
- Acts as handling and lifting authority on validation of contractor’s key deliverables and prescribed audits as necessary
- Liaises with Site Lifting Specialist on a day to day basis for all lifting operations.
- Reports any issue to construction work leader and maintains regular and efficient information to him.
- Ensures that activities performed on site in the project perimeter fulfill project HSE requirements.
- Reports any incident as per Company and Project rules.
- Implements with Contractor Site Representative any Risk Assessment of Job Safety Analysis as required by Project HSE procedures.
- Carries out all lifting operations supervision / monitoring activities required for the successful delivery of the Contracts assigned.
- Participates in Job Hazard Analyses and Attends safety toolbox meetings on a daily basis with contractors’ work teams.
- Creates work procedures; assesses contractors’ personnel and equipment for suitability for the work.
- Carries out any other work of a similar nature as may be requested by DW ECP Management.
- Provides technical input on contractor and consultant selection with handling and lifting content.
- Promotes best practice and use of innovative technology including maintenance of the CMS principles and the LMS.
- Verifies that the lifting equipment satisfies regulatory requirements: Condition / fitness for purpose, SWL and WLL, Serial No.
- Identification Number, Valid certificate, Colour code if applicable.
- Could be required to give assistant to other teams on site outside of the FMC team on technical issue relating to lifting and handling.
- Reports to the Fabric Maintenance Supervisor
The holder of this position must have the following qualifications:
- B.Sc / B.Eng, or HND in Engineering Discipline or equivalent.
- Advanced rigging and lifting level 2 competences minimum
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in lifting and rigging operations
- Experience in oil and gas or related industry to have knowledge of the specific environment linked to HSE aspects
- Ability to work in a large multinational team
- Ability to work independently while maintaining good relations with colleagues and others
- Physical ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site
- Working language: English mandatory, French is an advantage
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: SPIE Oil & Gas Services is committed to promote diversity. This position is opened to people with disabilities.