The Skills Outside School Foundation is a not-for-profit organization registered as in IT (70340) in June 2014 at the Corporate Affairs Commission, Nigeria, and a Company Limited by Guarantee (09365183) at the Companies House, UK.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bridge Program Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Program Assistant supports the Program Officer to oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of the Skills Outside School Foundations ongoing Bridge Program and Professional Mentoring including planning, organizing, leading, and controlling the program activities.
- The program assistant will assist to plan, execute, monitor and evaluate the Bridge Program and the Professional Mentoring opportunity.
- He/She will also manage the liaison with the professional mentors and ensure they are kept up-to-date via newsletters sent every quarter to be developed by the media and communications officer.
Qualifications / Experience
- University degree in Program Management, Education, Business Administration / Management or a related field of study.
- 2 Years of program management, Education, business management/administration, or other related discipline.
- Knowledge of program management.
The Program Assistant should demonstrate competence in all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization particularly with current partners and sponsors; Command a professional image.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner including by phone with several stakeholders; Articulate the foundations mission, program objectives with existing partners â€“ organisations and schools.
- Creativity / Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization; Proactively take actions necessary to produce results and able to work independently/with little guidance.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor the progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities; Strong time management skills.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Strong strategic, analytical, and program management skills:demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of programs and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Word processing
- Simple accounting
- Google Docs, Sky Drive, Drobox.
Application Closing Date
20th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Portfolio and a Letter of Motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.