Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Deadline for application submission: 5th November, 2020
The Project seeks to implement a baseline landscaping of women’s group and Women Empowerment Collectives (WEC)to provide a good understanding of the landscape of Women’s groups, specifically WECs, with regards to their; number, number of members, funding security, member composition, geographic distribution and resourcing. The project will carry out the baseline landscaping using an extensive approach of researching, data collection, analysis and reporting from various primary and secondary sources most especially women groups and other relevant stakeholders. This will help to deliver useful information that will enable the Bill and Melinda Gate Foundation to identify stakeholders to support the evolution od WEC & WEE and contribute to strengthening the New WEC’s platforms in Nigeria
The project will be implemented by consortium involving IPSOS and Plan International Nigeria in collaboration with women groups and other relevant stakeholders
The purpose of this role is to support the project management and technical work of the project which includes support to researching, reporting and other activities implementation.
Dimension of Role:
The post holder will be responsible to for the day to day running of the project for Plan International Nigeria. The post holder will ensure that all daily activities are delivered and will coordinate with all staff on the project to ensure timely delivery of the project deliverable. The post holder will also be responsible for delivery of reports on the project.
- Facilitate the implementation of meetings and seminars involving Plan International (Consortium) based on proper liaising with the consortium lead.
- Facilitate and monitor the preparation of protocols/ethical documents and its submission for approval.
- Support the Admin team in developing staff agreement documents and contracts
- Facilitate the development and compilation of comprehensive draft monitoring and Evaluation reporting
- Participate in program research processes in the project, including baseline and reporting.
- Work to strengthen linkages between consortium and women groups.
- Regularly monitor project activities implementation according to stated workplan in order to track progress using project level data.
- Provide support to the M&E team to ensure data delivery and dissemination to websites and relevant stakeholders
- Support the technical team to implement data gathering sessions with VSLA groups and other women groups.
- Provide regular updates to Plan technical team on to inform project programming decision.
- Identify success stories from primary researches and data gathering sessions with women groups and others target groups in collaboration with partners and share with Program Management
- Contribute to the Knowledge management process on the project.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of good working relationship with the relevant State actors, women groups, partners and other stakeholders.
- Assume any other responsibility as assigned by the CO Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
Administration and Finance
- Support the project to ensure that all finance policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Participate in budget preparation and in ensuring spends and forecast are in line with plans.
- Ensure that reliable communications/information management facilities are established and maintained.
- Ensure to use procedures and relevant protocols of Plan International Nigeria that are necessary in carrying out the project activities.
- Support the timely and appropriate use of all procurement and logistics infrastructure for the effective implementation of project activities.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Experience working on women empowerment, gender equality, health and other social development programs in Nigeria
- University education and over 2 working years of experience in social development, health related, international relations or other relevant course
- Experience in coordinating large number of groups across different locations at the same time.
- Knowledge and experience in supporting mapping processes
- Knowledge and experience in working with women groups.
- A history of productive involvement with local partners, including from government, traditional leadership, and civil society
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, collaboration experience, creativity and willingness to innovate
- Experience drafting project reporting and monitoring project progress
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
Skills & Knowledge
- Basic financial and administrative skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively appropriate to the audience
- Possession of good report writing skills
- Passion for learning and development.
- Good computer literacy skills
- Team player
- Provides good and adequate program support to enable the project meet its agreed program outcomes.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.