Policy Vault Africa is an online repository of a wide spectrum of government documents, including public policies, electoral guidelines, business regulations, laws, and investment guides in sub-Saharan Africa. A first of its kind organization, Policy Vault Africa aims to eradicate policy access problems by enabling stakeholders to search for any policy in any country in Africa.
The Policy Vault Africa website provides extensive access to policy documents including investment incentives, trade policies, countries’ budgets, legislative bills, and regulations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Public Policy Analyst
Job Location: Nigeria
About the Position
- Policy Vault seeks an analyst to join the Policy team.
- The selected candidate will support the mission of Policy Vault Africa by assisting with compilation, tracking and analysis of policies across the continent.
- The policy team is key to the organizational vision of creating a platform that ensures easy access to documents across Africa.
- The selected candidate will possess strong knowledge of federal, state & local government relations, public policy analysis and country regulations & legislations.
- The selected candidate will work alongside policy analysts and a country advisor based in Abuja, and will report to the Director of Public Policy, based in Washington DC.
- The selected candidate will help to implement a yearlong foundation grant aimed at increasing the number of Nigerian government policies on the Policy Vault portal.
- This position will include a mix of work with public policy documents and outreach to government ministries.
- Research, compile and analyze government policies of various African countries
- Monitor and track legislative processes as well as key political and economic updates in Policy Vault’s focus countries
- Work with the Director of Public Policy to strategize ways to maximize policy compilation process
- Collaborate with the Nigeria policy team to develop publishable articles on policy topics
- Prepare presentations, memos, and briefs for use by the leadership team or for external meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, including Political Science, Public Policy, Business, Economics, or Law. Other concentrations showing significant alignment with stated requirements will be considered
- At least 2 years of experience in private sector strategy, management consulting, government affairs, or public policy analysis
- Ability to think critically, work under pressure, and often under tight deadlines
- Experience managing competing priorities, with a proven track record of achieving deliverables in a timely manner
- Desire to work with a geographically disparate and multicultural team
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in deck presentation design in PowerPoint; graphic design skills (Tableau, Power BI) a plus
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English, confidence in presenting to audiences or groups of key stakeholders; Proficiency in another language spoken on the continent a plus (e.g. French, Arabic, or Portuguese, etc.).
- Policy Vault seeks to secure talented individuals and will offer a salary that is commensurate with the candidate’s experience and background.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send Resume, Cover Letter, and writing sample to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.