Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Basic Health Care Provision Fund (BHCPF) – Service Delivery Officer
Ref Id: sfh-70634
Location: Yobe, Nigeria
- The Service Delivery Officer will contribute to strengthening capacity of providers and Quality of Care systems of targeted facilities enrolled under the Basic Health Care Provision Fund (BHCPF).
- The position holder will also provide support to facilities that have the potentials of being enrolled to meet the set criteria for enrolment through coaching and mentoring towards achievement of the benefit package.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Provide Technical Assistance for the development and implementation of monthly activity plan, quarterly business plan and Annual quality Improvement Plan for targeted PHCs using findings from Health Facility accreditation assessment, mentoring and ISS visits.
- Provide follow up to ensure that the Annual quality improvement Plans are translated into health facility Quarterly BHCPF Business Plan and submitted to LGHA timely.
- Provide Technical Assistance to LGHA to review the annual quality improvement plan and quarterly business Plans for submission to SPHCDA for approval and funding.
- Support advocacy for the release of 25% State counterpart funding for implementation of facility business plan.
- Work in partnership with other output leads to support review and finalization of annual/quarterly quality improvement Plans and business plan by SPHCDA and SOC for funding release.
- Support the establishment and strengthening of quality improvement team/committee at the facility and LGA levels
- Work with Quality improvement teams at facility and LGA levels to implement quality improvement plans.
- Design and implement coaching and mentoring programmes to improve the skills of service providers at BHCPF facilities.
- Work with management of health facilities at state and PHCs to ensure efficient functioning of facilities
- Develop work plans and budget to support effective implementation of service delivery in targeted BHCPF facilities.
- Prepare and submit activity reports, monthly and quarterly reports to show progress in achievement of quality improvement plans
- Participate in M& E activities such as tracking of quality improvement and evaluating effectiveness of service delivery at targeted BHCPF facilities.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Medical, Nursing or Community Health related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience including direct experience working in or with PHCs on service delivery.
- Good understanding of the concept and implementation of Basic Health Care Provision Fund.
- Experience working (or understands the modalities of working) with Government (MOH, SPHCDA), NGOs, and other relevant Parastatals/Agencies and stakeholders
- Proven leadership and success in engagement and mobilization at the individual, community, and at organizational levels.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, with the demonstrated ability to engage and influence others
- Good Understanding of the health system in Northern Nigeria
- Ability to manage an outcomes-based approach and use of data to inform continuous improvement and decision-making
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation
- Ability to consistently make strategic decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
- Ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget
- Problem-solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness
- Ability and experience in setting effective goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Experience in managing budgets in resource-limited environments.
- Excellent MS Office skills (including Word, Excel, Power-point etc.) and knowledge of database management.
Skills and Competencies:
- Integrity, commitment to the organization and its mandate
- Cultural sensitivity / valuing diversity
- Performance Management/developing people
- Team Management
- Good communication skill.
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Result orientated / commitment to excellence
- Knowledge sharing / continuous learning
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the demonstrated ability to engage and influence others
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent MS Office skills (including Word, Excel, Power-point, etc.) and knowledge of database management.
Application Closing Date
28th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online