Aggreko – Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work round the clock, making sure you get the electricity, heating and cooling you need, whenever you need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Oil and Gas
Job ID: JR02274
Location: Lagos Depot
Job type: Full time
Purpose of the Job
- To identify opportunities and support the development of business with Oil & Gas Companies.
- The primary function of this role will be to build relationships (or leverage those already existing) to sell our value proposition(s) to the influencers and decision-makers of these companies. To focus on both “greenfield” and “brownfield” opportunities (new companies and existing companies seeking to update their technology or reduce emissions).
Job Accountabilities / Key Responsibilities
- Create a portfolio of new business customers.
- Develop a broad range of excellent relationships across all levels of the prospect base.
- Implement a Sales Plan, detailing strategy, objectives and planned activity.
- Execute comprehensive customer account plans and sales opportunity plans.
- Confidently articulate and present Aggreko’s products and services.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Aggreko processes and systems.
- Build a robust sales pipeline and forecast that will yield future profitable revenue streams.
- Working with the bid managers, and collaborating with Engineering, Pricing, Legal and other specialists, and following agreed protocols (“Deal Clinic”, White Paper et al) build and present “Value Propositions”.
- Negotiate and close deals as mandated.
- Where possible promote our Temperature Control offering alongside power generation.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional colleagues from sale to implementation.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of competitive products and services in area of operation.
- Build and maintain an in-depth knowledge and a network of relevant contacts across the opportunity scope area of industry focus and the wider business community.
- To understand the role of the contractors that service the industry and keep these informed of our products and related technological advances.
- Proactively provide industry and market intelligence to the wider Aggreko community.
- Report on, and analyse lost sales.
- Act as a subject matter expert point of reference for cross-functional colleagues.
- Deliver all required reports, forecasts and CRM updates in a timely manner.
- Engage with relevant trade bodies and industry associations.
- Attend domestic and international trade shows as directed.
- Participate in market sizing, forecasting and budget preparation.
- Support the Sector Lead and indirectly the Head of Oil & Gas to develop further the Region’s sector strategy.
- Be prepared to travel extensively.
- Work closely with Marketing Team in the context of sector-specific campaigns.
- Aggreko place a strong emphasis on health, operational safety and environmental protection. It is a requirement and moral obligation of each employee to be actively committed and accountable for compliance to the Aggreko Health, Safety & Environmental policies, operating procedures and compliance to local legislation.
Person Specification / Job Requirements
- Education: Degree qualified in Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical preferred
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years selling or sales management experience.
- Industry Focus Knowledge: Essential
- Geographical area of operation experience: Essential
- Language Proficiency: English
- Driving Licence: Essential
- Successful experience with technically complex new business acquisition.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the role’s geography and industry.
- A successful track record in high value technically complex B2B sales.
- Successful development and execution of Sales plans.
- Demonstrable success in leading high-value technical proposals, bids and tenders.
- A proven ability to successfully contribute to cross-functional virtual teams.
- Effective utilisation of sales pipeline management & CRM systems.
- The financial and commercial acumen to construct high-value complex proposals.
- The intellectual capability required to understand and articulate how Aggreko’s products and services match customer applications.
- The personal ability to collaborate, lead and influence a diverse range of people, including customers, partners and colleagues.
- The drive and resilience required to win in a competitive sales environment.
- The emotional intelligence required to be authentic, display good judgement and robust decision making.
- The organisational skills required to operate successfully in a dynamic, complex and high-pressure business.
- The personal gravitas required to establish credibility at executive level.
- The self-awareness to identify own development needs and the desire to continually improve.
- The ability to communicate concisely and confidently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products.
Aggreko Sales Behaviors: (How we would like you to operate in this role)
Be Dynamic :
- We drive ourselves to acquire and maintain a well-developed network, understanding our marketplace, competitors and industry trends
- We create, maintain and share robust Account Plans, ensuring Aggreko is competitively positioned to take advantage of opportunities when they arise
- We use our commercial acumen to qualify our opportunities robustly, identifying where we can win and where we cannot
- We create, maintain and share robust Sales Opportunity plans, ensuring we know what needs to be achieved to win both new and repeat business.
- We take personal responsibility to acquire and maintain the knowledge we need to understand how Aggreko’s resources, products and services bring value to our customers
- We have a deep understanding of our processes: Knowing who and where to go to when we need help to get things done. We share this knowledge freely with our colleagues
- We take the time to prepare for all our customer interactions by conducting thorough research into their organization, their business environment and their people
- We know how to deploy Aggreko’s resources (time, people, money) in an effective and efficient manner, both in the interest of the customer and our wider business
- Our colleagues, customers and partners’ safety is our first thought at all times
- We make every effort to ensure that our customers and colleagues needs, and expectations are being met. We communicate clearly and honestly, and we value both theirs and our time
- Whenever possible we use our collective knowledge and resources, but we hold ourselves accountable for the achievement of our sales targets and objectives
- We lead from the front, accept responsibility and value the opinions of others. Our ambition is to attain the status of trusted advisor, both in the eyes of our customers and our colleagues
- We challenge ourselves. Actively seeking feedback from our colleagues and customers to understand how and where we can improve
- We aspire to best practice, leveraging our internal and external networks to inform our thoughts, decisions and actions
- We take control of our future by planning and developing a sales pipeline of closable opportunities that enable us to forecast our future business accurately
- We are inquisitive about our customers’ real needs enabling us to provide the best solutions for today and tomorrow, whilst negotiating win/win outcomes for them and us.
- Safety & Environment embraces and promotes a positive safety & environmental culture; recognizes and acts to correct unsafe operating procedures and ensures environmental compliance.
- Effectiveness (Income, Cost, and Resources utilization) impact is seen through the contribution that the team they work in makes on the overall performance of Aggreko through the decisions they take.
- Quality (Reliable, collegiate, high standards) contributions, have less of an immediate impact, but which over time make a meaningful difference to the performance of the organization.
- (Sustained performance through effective use of time and resource) Role is performed in a manner that allows the individual to make smart decisions on where they put their effort.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online