Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is a US-based nonprofit nongovernmental organization (NGO) that works to stimulate economic growth and improve rural livelihoods by empowering the private sector through five core capabilities: (1) Productivity, Food Security and Nutrition; (2) Input Supply and Farm Services; (3) Economic Resilience and Rapid Recovery; (4) Value Chain Development; and (5) Volunteer Technical Assistance.
CNFA assists smallholders in increasing household-level food security and nutrition through improved agricultural practices, introduction of new varieties, diversification of crop production, food preservation and storage, development of farmer-based organizations (FBOs) and strengthened linkages to markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver (Feed the Future Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity)
Locations: Ebonyi and Delta
Job Type: Full-time (Contract)
Project: USAID Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity
Slot: 2 Openings
- The USAID / Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity is a 5- year, $15 million-dollar project implemented by CNFA as part of the United States Government’s Feed the Future Initiative. The project’s goal is to strengthen the business enabling environment to promote private sector investment in agriculture.
- Activities will encompass three broad but interrelated components. First, the Agribusiness Investment Activity will improve the ease of doing business in the agricultural sector; second, the Activity will expand access to finance by mitigating the credit risks of agribusinesses; and third, the Activity will promote investment opportunities for agribusinesses to strengthen their readiness to expand their operations. Taken together, these efforts will increase the volume, added value, and diversification of agribusiness investments.
- The Driver will work closely with and report to the Operations Manager or his / her designate, providing support to the Activity state offices of Ebonyi or Delta.
- The Driver plays an important role in helping Activity staff meet their responsibilities as well as contributing to the professional image of both the Activity and CNFA.
- The main responsibility for this position is to transport Activity staff safely and in a timely fashion to and from business meetings.
- The position requires substantial work experience as a driver as well as defensive driving and other training to ensure the safety of all passengers at all times.
- The Driver will be expected to know their way around their designated state and if a location is provided that they do not know, to google, call or use whatever means available to identify the location prior to the trip commencing.
- The Driver must also obey all requests coming from the Activity’s Security Officer. When not driving, the Driver will be expected to be at the office and help out as requested with administrative duties
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties of the State based Driver are the following:
- Driver to provide transport support services to all technical program areas.
- Ensure vehicle particulars are up to date
- Conduct yearly medical eye tests to ensure good vision for effective and safe dispatch of duty.
- Ensure vehicles are maintained carefully and always tidy
- Driver signal any sign of need for maintenance or other problems to the Senior Driver and Office Manager or his or her designate.
- Always maintain federal Government driving regulations when driving activity vehicle and staff
- Ensure the State Agribusiness coordinator and Intern are Conveyed safely and securely to Activity programs and meetings within and outside states as approved by Chief of Party
- Maintain accurate and up to date records relating to individual vehicle use, utilizing the vehicle log book
- Ensure all aspects of Activity vehicle policy are being followed and enforced.
- Inspect vehicle prior to travel to assure all fluids, tires, wipers, belts etc are in good working order.
- Ensure scheduled vehicle maintenance is carried out.
- Always ensure the safety and security of passengers and vehicle
- Submit all expense reports in a timely manner to Finance Unit.
- Any other duty assigned by Operations Manager with advice from Activity
Qualification / Requirements
- At least 5+ years of relevant, professional experience.
- Experience supporting donor-funded projects is required, USAID experience preferred;
- Experience working in similar position strongly preferred;
- Training in various driving related disciplines, including defensive driving.
- A valid and unblemished driving license and driving record.
- A pleasant and positive personality who is a team player and is result oriented;
- Fluency in English and a local language is required.
Application Closing Date
2nd November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send coipes of their CV and Cover Letter via email to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Note: Only applicants meeting the above minimum qualifications will be considered or contacted.