Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health Interventions, education and economic Initiatives in Nigeria. AHNI is an allied organization to Family Health International (FH136o) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen this operations and interventions in the South-East part of the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: HIV Specialist
Location: Akwa Ibom
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Slot: 3 Openings
- HIV Specialist will provide technical support at state level to implement high-quality care, treatment and support activities with primary focus on technical areas of comprehensive TB and HIV / AIDS programs including laboratory, pharmacy, logistics, prevention, care, treatment, TB, RMNCH, mitigation, monitoring and evaluation.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- MB.BS / MD / PhD or similar degree with 1 to 3 years of progressive relevant experience in managing comprehensive TB and HIV programs in resource-constrained settings.
- Or MPH or MS / MA in relevant degree with 3 to 5 years of progressive relevant experience in managing comprehensive TB and HIV programs in resource-constrained settings.
- Or BS / BA in Pharmacy, Microbiology, Health Sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation, Public Health or in relevant degree with 5 to 7 years of progressive relevant experience in managing comprehensive TB and HIV programs in resource-constrained settings.
- For each band above, possession of an additional post-graduate degree in a related field is an advantage.
- Experience in project development with proven experience in the planning and facilitation of training is required.
- Experience in large and complex donor-funded national health-focused project is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single word document to: AHNi-PCTJobs@ahnigeria.org
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subiect of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an equal opportunity employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.