· To develop and implement growth opportunities of Interswitch payment solutions and Services within and outside its country of coverage
· To drive product feature enhancements and service platform optimization that creates unique long-term value for its value chain (customers/shareholders/markets)
· To transform the Interswitch payment offerings across POS, WEB, QR and USSD into a robust digital financial distribution Ecosystem
· To co-ordinate, manage and support the sales & account management structure with Sales Network (i.e. technical support, advisory services and lead conversion strategies that increases Interswitch’s revenue)
· Grow existing market share, develop, and penetrate new market/ segments through value offerings to key high value and high volume merchant acquiring
· Growth transaction volume across POS, WEB, QR and USSD channels through channel features and capacity building by working with product, project, developers, and other existing internal resources
· Ensure service excellence to all acquired merchants and partners by engaging with the service and operations management teams on behave of the customers
· Identify, research, development, implement, deploy, and manage new business initiatives across all market types to optimize channel usage and business value by owning merchants in these markets and its sub segments.
· Develop intelligent, relevant and world class business documentations for market and merchant engagements as required by all relevant internal stockholders.
· Acquire strategic partnerships that enables access to market and merchant clusters relevant to the business objectives and would contribute to business value both short term and long term
· Liaise with all relevant stakeholders in the payment ecosystem where required to understand the payment landscape needs. Also, ensuring full understanding of the business risks and putting the right model and processes in place to mitigate such risks.
Business Development Responsibilities – Merchant Acquiring
· Develop strategies and implement same to deepen product penetration and increase product market share in Nigeria
· Conceptualize, build business case and pricing models for the digital acquiring business portfolio
· Find and assess business opportunities in assigned channels and markets
· Develop and execute the delivery of an integrated payment Ecosystem
· Analyze and guide sales network on quality leads to generated per product across applicable market sectors
· Establish and maintain excellent working and process operations with matrix teams seamlessly
· Prepare detailed Business Requirement Documents for new products and liaise with relevant Groups to deliver market value through the product.
· Work with the assigned Product/Marketing Team to deliver quality sales kits for the Sales Team
· Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
· Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations
· Protect Interswitch’s value by keeping information confidential.
· Develop a rapport with strategic/key clients, set targets for sales Network and provide support that will continually improve the business relationship.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Build in-house capacity for integrating Interswitch payment solutions into merchant’s business ecosystem.
· Provide Training plans and content for assigned products to be delivered to both inhouse and external clients.
· Attend exhibitions to generate sales leads/opportunities that can be converted to sales post-event
· Communicating merchant/market requirements to colleagues internally and work with them to ensure that products are delivered per customer/market requirements and in line with agreed terms.
· Identify networking opportunities, target market events and sales events that would provide positive impact to the sales bottom line.
· Perform market research and analysis to monitor local environment for the emergence of new market segments and new merchant pool.
· Provide feedback from merchants and market to meet market demands and generate business and product development ideas.
· Keep abreast of trends and developments in digital financial services markets, digital acquiring, products features, best practices and operational excellence.
· Learning what the competition is doing in terms of customer pricing, experience in the local market, their alliances, credibility etc.
Education and Experience
Academic Qualification(s): Good first degree (preferably in a business-related discipline)
Experience (Number of relevant years): 4 – 7 years’ experience in the digital financial industry
In-depth understanding of an acquiring business Portfolio management Business development & management Payment solutions