Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant for Group Dynamics And Leadership Skill Training (GDLST) and Micro Enterprise Fundamentals (MEF)
Employment Type: Contract
Scope of Work
This activity aligns with ALMRI’s interest of assisting smallholder farmers to reduce their production costs and improve their yields (both the quantity and quality of products at harvest). The training of trainers is to develop Village agents, Extension workers and Lead farmers knowledge, skills and understanding of how to deliver the GDLST and MEF curricula with focus on Smallholder farmers and other market actors within the agricultural market system as well as exposing trainers to both delivery techniques (experiential/applied learning approaches) and curriculum content, to develop their ability to deliver the curriculum and other similar curricula effectively for continuous facilitation and partnership.
The overall scope of work for this assignment is to equip stakeholders who will outlive the project with the right technical and business skills required to sustain the project activities and create incremental impact after the end of project:
- 80 Pieces of GDLST printed training manuals.
- 50 Packs of training materials for participants
- 20 GDLST training Kits
Selection Criteria And Tor For Gdlst Trainer
The deliverables will include:
- GDLST Trainings.
- Production of Training materials for trainees.
- Production of training kits 20
- Final report.
- Produce a training needs assessment (Pre-test)
- Post training test result
It is expected that a total of 10 days will be required for the training on business skills. This is broken down into: Three five days for preparation/development of training modules and materials, five days to deliver the training and five days for mentoring, certification and report writing. This is excluding the travel days. (But must not be more than 3 days). The training is scheduled for week of 8th November, 2020
- The cost of delivering this assignment will be as negotiated with MC in line with available budget. The total cost of this activity should cover both travels and logistics (transportation and accommodation).
- Qualified consultants should provide evidence of the last two trainings facilitated within the development space
- At least five years proven experience in development and capacity building training. Must be a certified GDLST trainer with good knowledge of the agricultural business cycles. Must possess relevant business and financial analysis understanding.
Mandatory Requirements for Submission Before Contracting:
- Means of Personal Identification
- Profile of organization or Resume in case of a consultant
- Most Recent Tax Clearance Certificate
- Tax Identification Number
- Full physical contact address
- Bank Reference Letter introducing your account details
Application Closing Date
1st November, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV as one single document or Organization profile online via: email@example.com addressed to:
The Program Manager (MALL),
Mercy Corps Office, Biu,