The National Mathematical Centre (NMC)
The National Mathematical Centre Abuja was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria on January 1, 1988, although the decree (Decree No. 40) giving it a legal backing as a corporate body with perpetual succession and a common seal, was not promulgated until December 12, 1989.
Registrar at The National Mathematical Centre (NMC)
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University responsible to the Director/Chief Executive for the day-to-day administrative work of the Centre except in financial matters, which fall within the purview f the Bursar.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to Council, its Committee, Management and the Academic Board. By virtue of his/her position, the Registrar is a Principal Officer of the Centre.
- Candidates must possess a good Honours Degree with a minimum of second class lower Division and, at least, fifteen (15) years post-qualification administrative and professional experience, with a minimum of five years as a Deputy Registrar in a University or institution of comparable standing.
- Membership of a recognized Professional Bodies in a relevant discipline is required while possession of a Masters Degree and/or PhD will be added advantage.
- The candidates shall be persons of good character and personality with excellent interpersonal relations. He/She must have a proven record of probity, He/She must be able to instil confidence in others and have the good organizational ability.
- Candidates for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership; possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life, and must be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the Centre.
- The candidates must be less than sixty (60) years of age at tIe time of appointment.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- This is a five-year tenure appointment. The salary and conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Registrar in Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Government / Governing Council as appropriate.
- Fringe benefits and appropriate allowances may be as approved from time-to-time by the Government / Governing Council.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit twenty (20) copies of their Application and detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting among others, the following:
- Full Names
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Home Address
- Contact Address
- E-Mail Address
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Marital Status
- Names and Ages of Children (if any)
- Institutions attended with dates
- Detailed Academic Qualifications obtained, with dates and classification
- Working Experience
- Present Employment, indicating present Status and Salary
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Referees (3)
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked at the left corner “Post of Registrar” to:
National Mathematical Centre,
Kaduna/Lokoja Express Way,
Private Mail Bag 118, Gwagwalada
- Each applicant must have three (3) Referees who should be requested by the applicant to forward their Referee’s Report under confidential cover by courier service to the Registrar.
- Applications submitted after the closing date will not be processed.
- Only the applications of short-listed candidates will be considered.