The Isa Mustapha Agwai 1 Polytechnic, Lafia (formerly known as Nasarawa State Polytechnic, Lafia) was established in the year 2000 to train middle and high level manpower in Science, Technology and Commerce in order to serve as a catalyst fro technological and industrial developments of Nigeria, particularly in Nasarawa State. It presently has a total of 25 Departments spread over six Schools offering 32 National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) accredited programmes at the National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Polytechnic Librarian
Location: Lafia, Nasarawa
Job Type: Full Time
- The Polytechnic Librarian is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic and is responsible to the Rector for the management of the Polytechnic Library and its services.
Qualifications and Experience
- A good Honours Degree in Library and Information Science not below 2nd Class Lower and a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from a recognized University; a Ph.D Degree will be an added advantage
- Proven integrity, intellectually sound, professionally skillful and knowledgeable in the management of an institutional library
- Provide evidence of current membership of Library Professional bodies and Registration with the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN)
- Give sufficient evidence of continual scholarship and contribution to knowledge through publications in reputable peer review outlets, both within and outside the country
- Be proficient in ICT packages
- Must have put in a minimum of 10 years post Degree qualification with at least 5 years cognat work experience which must be be at the Library management position
- Must not be more than 59 years of age at the time of application
- Possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Certificate of Exemption
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health (with evidence from a government hospital).
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be for a single term of five (5) years.
Salary and Condition of Service
- The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of the office as may be approved from time to time by the Nasarawa State Government, and as attached to the office of a Principal Officer in the Polytechnic.
Application Closing Date
14th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are to attach to their Applications twenty (20) typewritten copies of the CV, giving the details in the following order:
- Full Names (Surname first and underlined)
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin ann Local Government Area
- Nationality and how acquired
- Marital Status Number and ages of children
- Current postal address including telephone numbers and email
- Permanent home address if different from the last bullet
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Previous Employer(s) and post(s) held with dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of a Professional Bodies / Association
- Present Employment to include status, salary duties and any other relevant experience
- Mission statement / proposal on making the Library fulfil her objectives (20 copies)
- Evidence of community service
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward Confidential Reports directly to the Registrar, Isa Mustapha Agwai 1 Polytechnic, Lafia. Such Referee should be able to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as to the candidate’s notable uprightness.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF LIBRARIAN” at the top left corner and addressed to:
Isa Mustapha Agwai 1 Polytechnic,
Lafia, Nasarawa State.
- Applicants will be required to produce originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for interview. Photocopies will not be accepted.
- Applicants must also be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence
- Late submission of Application will not be entertained
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.