Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GE & VSLA Coordinator (TB REACH)
- The “Extending women’s leadership in maternal health for improved TB detection and management in Sokoto state” program is an 18-month gender transformative initiative aimed at improving detection, treatment and reporting of Tuberculosis among the marginalized and vulnerable women, adolescent girls and children in households of Sokoto state of Nigeria. The project is aligned with the UN’s Every Woman Every Child global strategy, and will help to drive progress towards reaching targets within Sustainable Development Goals 3 and 5. The project is being implemented with funding from Stop TB reach and in collaboration with Plan international Canada.
- The project will be implemented by Plan International Nigeria in Sokoto state in collaboration with the Sokoto State Ministry of Health, Sokoto state TB and Leprosy Control Prrgram, local CSO partners and other relevant national and local stakeholders.
- The purpose of this role is to co-ordinate the implementation of project activities to meet deliverables and manage project operations in Sokoto state in line with Plan International Nigeria Policies, International best practices and relevant guidelines.
Dimension of Role
- Communicates widely within Plan International Nigeria across Plan International and with local implementing partners. The post holder will interface and support programme and operational coordination for the TB REACH project in Sokoto state. The role requires strong facilitation and organisational skills along the areas of VSLA programming and male engagement with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to all stakeholders.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- Coordinate all programmatic and operational functions for the project.
- Ensure operational support for activity implementation and coordinate with State Ministry of Health, State TB program and partners for effective implementation and supervision of all project activities.
- Lead on the implementation of VLSA and GE programming on the project, in line with TB REACH and Plan International Nigeria guidelines.
- Ensure quality of TB programming in collaboration with technical consultant.
- Oversee operational research process on the project in collaboration with Country M and E manager.
- Facilitate monthly and quarterly meetings with various stakeholders on the project.
- Produce monthly Monitoring reports on the project.
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with Government and other stakeholders.
- Actively contribute to position Plan International Nigeria for new business development opportunities.
- Ensure health, safety and security protocols are followed at all times, and take corrective, timely actions as required.
- Carry out review of budget vs. actual reports with admin and finance staff and ensure appropriate action is taken in a timely fashion.
- Guarantee adequate communication and coordination between project, technical coordination staff and country office on daily activities as well as program and operational issues.
- Develop and implement quarterly work plans to support the program activities.
- Develop Knowledge management materials on the project.
- Assume any other responsibility as assigned by the Supervisor.
Administration and Finance:
- Oversee under the auspices of the Finance Manager (Development), the financial management of field office operations, and finance/logistics staff, including cash management and transactions, operational budget.
- Ensure complete and correct use of all finance forms and timely communication of financial issues to the financial controller.
- Ensure compliance with Plan International Nigeria and donor finance and logistics policies, including all aspects of procurement and asset management.
Human Resource Development:
- Ensure the ongoing capacity building of operations team and partners through support to direct supervisors in ensuring staff performance evaluations and individual development plans
- Support field staff in the implementation of personnel policies including coaching, performance evaluation, staff development, and disciplinary measures.
Learning and knowledge management:
- Shares information within the Programme and operational team in a systematic timely manner.
- Facilitates processes for internal and external knowledge sharing
- Participates in global/regional projects/networks as requested
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree required, in Development or related area.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience implementing VSLA and GE programs;
Skills & Knowledge:
- Demonstrated ability to work with government stakeholders
- Experience in VSLA and GE programming
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills
- Excellent capacity building and training skills
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and decision-making skills;
- Strong computer skills;
- Flexibility, ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of the team and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organisational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning.
Application Closing Date
16th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online