The University of British Columbia- UBC- Canada is offering need-based Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow (ILOT) Scholarships Award for Undergraduate Students 2021/2022.
Application Deadline: 5th January, 2021 (Opening Soon)
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): University of British Columbia- UBC- Canada
About the Award: The University of British Columbia- UBC- Canada International Leader of Tomorrow (ILOT) Award recognizes international students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized achievement in fields of endeavour such as the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
A standard needs-assessment is made, based on financial information provided by students and their families.
Type: Undergraduate taught
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: Award candidates must be nominated by the high school they are currently attending, recently graduated from, or the college/university they are transferring from. To be considered for the International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other university.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (at least an A average or equivalent standard).
- You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
Number of Scholarships: several
Value of Scholarship: costs of tuition, fees and living costs, minus the financial contribution the student and their family can make annually towards these costs
Duration of Scholarship: The International Leader of Tomorrow Award can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study, or to degree completion, whichever is less, provided the student achieves satisfactory academic standing in their faculty, continues to demonstrate financial need, and maintains their Canadian study permit (visa).
How to Apply: Award nominations for the 2021/22 winter session will open on 5th November.
Sponsors: University of British Columbia- UBC- Canada
Important Notes: Although candidates to UBC can specify two program choices in their application for admission, an International Leader of Tomorrow Award nomination will be considered only in relation to the nominee’s first choice program. Early application is encouraged, to ensure an application decision can be made in time for nomination consideration.