Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Sustainability & Impact Advisor
- Options Consultancy seeks a Senior Sustainability & Impact Advisor who will provide technical advice, oversight and guidance to Evidence for Action (E4A) colleagues and accountability coalitions, towards ensuring the sustainability of the programme’s interventions.
- As Senior Advisor Sustainability & Impact Advisor you will be expected to provide technical support to Options’ programmes, through remote and in-country support.
- The role responsibilities will mainly be on the Evidence for Action-MamaYe (E4A) programme which brings together groups (including government, civil society, health practitioners and media) to use existing information and resources to: (I) Identify the reasons for maternal mortality (II) Agree on how available resources can be used most effectively to address these reasons. (II) Advocate for the changes needed.
- As a result, government and health practitioners are better able to respond appropriately to the issues causing unnecessary deaths and injuries. This enables women and children to have better access to improved quality health services, and more women having safe births.
- The project is led by African experts in Kenya and Nigeria. In Senegal, the project focuses on strengthening civil society coalitions working on health budget advocacy and accountability for health commitments made by governments.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Relevant qualifications in the area for public health, health communication, M&E, advocacy or other related comparable experiences.
- Experience of supporting development projects in Nigeria in their technical area of expertise for at least 6 years
- Demonstrable experience conducting relevant technical work in similar organisations
- Experience in implementing training, mentoring and other capacity-building approaches to civil society and government.
- Demonstrated ability to operate within their technical area with oversight and supervision.
- Proven ability to network and manage relationships with partners, consultants and technical resource person
- You will be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- Overseas candidates require a valid Nigeria work permit
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including CRC, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate)
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online