Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is a national, non-governmental organization established in 1989 and registered in 1991. As one of the leading indigenous non-profit organisations in Nigeria, ARFH is committed to improving the quality of life of underserved and vulnerable communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Short-term Technical Director, USAID IHP Family Planning (FP) Grant
Employment Type: Contract
Specific Job / Responsibilities
- Ensure effective technical lead of family planning training programming of the IHP FP grant
- Coordinate the implementation of Low Dose High Frequency (LDHF) training in 11 LGAs and 122 PHCs
- Contribute to operations and technical reviews of Training activities in relevant areas of LDHF training
- Provide technical support during Training of Trainers and Training of service providers, coaching, mentoring and integrated services of the IHP FP grant
- Liaise with State RH/FP team and other relevant government representatives (LGA health team) to facilitate the process of conduct of the training
- Coordinate training activities at the site level with oversight from Director of Programmes and the Lead Training advisor of ARFH.
- Provide leadership to the development of strategic work plans as well as state level monthly/quarterly implementation work plans for partners on the project.
- In collaboration with the leadership of partner organizations, identify key process weaknesses and capacity gaps with potential to hinder effective delivery of quality programmes.
- Incorporate remedial actions in technical assistance and capacity building plans.
- Oversee the quality implementation and support of ongoing programming based on robust grant management and monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Ensure adherence to all donor requirements in programme, activities, reports, security, procurement, HR and financial grant management protocols.
- Provide guidance to senior program staff to ensure that data on FP is used effectively for advocacy and realignment of project implementations as necessary.
- Oversee donor and internal narrative reporting, ensuring that all reports are of high quality and meet the standards of ARFH and donor requirements.
- Ensure mentorship for program staff in order to maintain a high standard of capacity for the implementation of quality programming.
- Oversee performance evaluation process for all the grant staff and providers.
- Work with Director of Programmes to establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and organizations on all programming aspects.
- Establish and maintain relationship with the relevant coordination bodies and line ministries to promote advocacy priorities on the Family planning project in Kebbi State.
- Represent the organization with governmental bodies, stakeholders and donors.
- Prepare relevant reports including all training reports, quarterly, final report, and positive results achieved on the project and lessons learnt and ensure they are shared with stakeholders including the donor in a timely manner.
- Ensure the prudent use of funds in the implementation of project activities as set out in the project plan.
- A clinician or Nurse / Midwife with advance degree (B.SN, BSC) and / or Master’s Degree in Public Health
- Minimum of (8) years of experience, 5+ years’ experience that have successfully implemented activities in family planning/reproductive health, preferably in Nigeria.
- Experience in training health workers on clinical aspects in family planning
- Skill in at least two or more of the following technical areas: strengthening service delivery programs, training, performance and quality improvement
- Experience with a mix of practical technical skills necessary for strengthening family planning service delivery at the regional, national, clinical and community-level
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with USAID, host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector
- Previous experience working in Kebbi State with intimate understanding of local health system and family planning gaps and opportunities, and solid relationships at government agencies
- Knowledge of USAID programs, regulations, compliance and reporting requirements
- Experience in research to practice – identifying and adapting best practices to specific project contexts
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building, and coordination
- Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills in English
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in regional and national programs and technical staff
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel within Kebbi state 50% of time.
- Very attractive.
Application Closing Date
8th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to complete the online and send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
- This offer is consultancy-based for an initial period of three months.