VFD Tech, a subsidiary of VFD Group Plc, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Finance (VFD Tech)
- Responsible for accurate financial reporting, management accounting, and finance activities of VFD Tech that support the achievement of the Company’s objectives.
- Report to: ED, Finance
- Supervises: To be determined
- Financial / Management reporting
- Budget and budgetary control
- Performance Management
- Tax management
- Data analytics
- To ensure timely preparation of financial information which provides a complete and accurate picture of VFD Tech’s financial position
- To co-ordinate the analysis and synthesis of VFD Tech’s financial and non-financial information, which provides a basis for sound business decisions by executive management
- To protect VFD Tech’s interest by ensuring that relevant statutory or regulatory reports/returns regarding VFD Tech’s financial affairs are generated on a timely basis.
- Monthly management account on or before the 3rd day of the new month
- Weekly management report to be sent before 8:00am on Mondays
- Remittance of PAYE and pension on or before 7th of the new month
- WHT and VAT remittance on or before 20th of the new month
- Filing of CIT returns and CAC returns on or before 28 June
- Submission of audited financial statement by 28 February, annually
- Weekly variance analysis of business performance
- Weekly reporting on operational metrics and data analytics
- Implementation of VFD Tech’s goals, objectives, policies and operating procedure.
- Actively contribute to the implementation of VFD Tech’s corporate strategy
- Identify, communicate and monitor critical interdependencies across the business sectors and forge effective organizational linkage to ensure a concerted/seamless implementation of the Group’s overall business strategy
- Daily evaluation of business performance via data analytics
Financial / Management Reporting:
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of accounting records by performing daily reconciliations
- Ensure timely reporting of Financial / management accounts of all the entities latest by the 3rd of every month.
- Execution of month-end procedures and process
- Implementation of the accounting software
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Monitoring and enforcing internal controls over financial transactions and financial reporting.
Budget and Budgetary Control:
- Engages all stakeholders in the preparation of the business’ budgeting and budgetary control document to achieve the agreed corporate objectives
- Monitors the implementation of budgetary mechanisms to proactively identify and manage budget / performance variances by the business sectors
- Tracks and reports on the implement robust cost optimisation strategies to monitor and control cost for the asset management business
- Periodically review key the Business activity and performance reports and makes recommendations to the CFO and the Board.
- Ensure key business performance analyses and reports are generated and circulated to the product managers and business development team
- Monitoring of performance for the business and staff
- Suggest strategic guidance where necessary
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Supervise the asset management finance team to ensure complete documentation of relevant supports and proof of tax remittance
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate personnel in relevant tax authorities
- Researches on future legislation that impacts taxation and operations, including future risks
- Ensure 100% remittance of all tax and statutory obligations
- Create, coordinate and evaluate financial programs and supporting information system for the company to include budgeting, tax planning, and conservation of assets
- Initiate and facilitate finance meetings to define and agree on targets and work plans, consistent with the business’ strategy and plans
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, training, professional development, and performance evaluation of staff in line with the Company’s Human Capital policies
- Serve on committees or cross-functional teams and perform other duties as assigned by the CFO or the Board
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
Financial Target (Non-Core):
- Achievement of at least 75%-80% of business targets in FX, FDs, Loans, Mutual Funds, Cross-Selling and Special Products
KPI: 90 Day Deliverables:
- Developing robust template for monitoring operational metrics for various products especially Vbank app. This is to be presented at weekly MANCO meetings
- Deploy effective structure for preparation of daily reconciliations for bank statements and intercompany balances.
- Automation of data gathering process for budget preparation and monitoring.
- Implementation of automated budget and cot control system for the company.
- 80% accuracy in cash-flow estimates
- 80% accuracy of average budget variances – Actual vs. Plan
- 80% accuracy of variances in expense accounts- Actual vs. Plan
- 100% performance in external audit examinations
- Zero non-compliant cases raised by the regulatory bodies
- Quality of financial advice provided to the company
- Accuracy and timeliness of management information and reports
- Internal customer satisfaction levels
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree with 5-8 years work experience
- In-depth understanding of the organization’s business.
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to details.
- Good Management abilities.
- Knowledge of GAAP/ IFRS
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant accounting tools
Application Closing Date
13th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com with the relevant Position applied for as heading.