One Acre Fund – Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Rwanda Finance and Strategy Manager
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
We are looking for a motivated person, who is dedicated to social impact, to lead our Rwanda Finance & Strategy department. The team is made up of 10 professionals offering financial and strategic program support to country leadership across all business units:
- You will sit on the Rwanda program steering committee, report to the Country Director, and directly manage – 3 team members.
- When not focused on team management, or steering committee work, you will spend time on strategic and financial projects of the highest importance to the program.
This is a full-time career-track role within One Acre Fund Rwanda’s leadership team. With so many varied projects happening across the team, no day is ever the same.
- Team management and coaching to ensure team and program goals are met. The Finance & Strategy Team is split into the following responsibilities which you will manage:
- Strategic Projects: Strategic projects to support the program to increase farmer impact and efficiency, solve complex operational and strategic issues, and support in scoping out new ventures (5-6 full-time staff)
- Specific projects depend on program priorities but range from quantitative modeling to primary research. Recent examples include running a partnership trial for market access services, building financial models for new products, or creating a new farmer communication strategy.
- Financial Strategy: Budgeting, financial reporting, strategic finance projects such as financial modeling, creating investment proposals, tax efficiency projects (2 full-time staff)
- Product Strategy & Management: A new team dedicated to maximizing sales and farmer impact, ensuring strong supply chains and partnerships, and improving customer service for each product we sell (3 full-time staff)
- Full oversight of the country budget and investments
- Program-wide strategic project prioritization (and sometimes new project creation and scoping)
- Coordinate resource allocation for strategic projects
- Create Rwanda program annual goals and monitor results
- Run at least one strategic or financial project yourself at any one time.
- Sit on the Rwanda program steering committee, to present and give feedback on wider program strategies and challenges.
Career Growth and Development:
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Work experiences: We are targeting strategy, management consulting, and finance professionals (or people with similar experience), who have 5 yrs + professional experience working in strategy or large strategic project management, with a strong foundation of financial knowledge and quantitative skills. We are looking for leadership experience, particularly in roles that demonstrate team building and relationship management.
- Technical skills: Advanced in Microsoft/Google Suite packages, especially Excel. Experience with other professional programs (e.g. R, STATA) is a plus.
- Language: English.
Preferred Start Date:
- As soon as possible.
- Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits.
Application Closing Date
3rd December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Yes; East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.