IDMANN Academy provides tutorial support to secondary and pre-secondary age students in the core subject area. We also provide tutorial assistance in support of assessment tests and entrance preparation exams for students.
IDMANN Institute provides training in professional development and technical entrepreneurship through our College of General Studies and the School of Experiential Learning, respectively. We also provide secondary and pre-secondary tutorial services through IDMANN Academy. All our courses are offered online in live sessions with seasoned instructors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Photography / Digital Art Instructor (Part-Time Online / Remote)
Detailed Description / Requirements
- As the demand for our services has grown, we are looking to hire online photography instructors to support our middle-school students in IDMANN Academy. This will be a fully remote part-time engagement with classes taking place typically on weekends. Students are usually organized in small groups (2-5) so the instruction is effective.
- We are seeking Trained photographers that can inculcate the love and appreciation of arts to our young students; they are expected to train students in the theory and fundamentals of photography while introducing them to the use and mastery of emerging technologies.
- Students will have DSLRs and instructors will be expected not only to have their own DSLR (for hands-on demonstration) but be able to provide excellent instruction in the use and techniques of DSLRs for photography. The classes will include the tutorial (theory and instruction) as well as the practical such that students get to practice and develop their craft.
- Our Strong preference is for photography instructors that have experience in teaching and practicing photography as well as familiarity with digital media software applications such as Photoshop, GIMP, Lightbox, or other systems for graphics and image manipulation. In this position, experience or expertise in digital art/graphic design will be an added advantage, as would experience in filmmaking and/or film editing. Some experience in the (now seemingly nostalgic) film-based photography would also be considered a bonus.
- Applicants Must have very reliable broadband internet access as well as a computer with a webcam (not just a phone) to access our online classroom environment.
- Applicants must show strong technical photography skills as well as effective oral and written communication skills. Students are expected to learn photography theory as well as receive the best practices and mechanics applied in traditional and digital photography.
Application Closing Date
29th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates must submit ALL of the following documents below to: email@example.com Using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- A current resume (in pdf).
- A cover letter (also in pdf) outlining your preparedness and relevant experience for this position. The cover letter should also indicate the times and availability of the instructor for classes.
- A photography/digital art portfolio file (around 10-15 images) created by the applicant. Depending on the nature of the file, it may be too large to send as an attachment. In that instance, it may be sent via WeTransfer.com.
- A brief lesson plan covering about 6 weeks of initial instruction for middle-school students new to the photography. The mini-lesson plan (pacing chart) does not have to be very elaborate but should highlight the key topics to be covered in the first 6 weeks, as well as demonstrate a graduated approach toward development of the students’ skills.
Note: Position is open and interviews will continue till all positions are filled.