Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Direct Line Manager: Logistics Manager
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is recruiting for a Warehouse Officer to join our team in our Maiduguri office.
- This person will monitor stock utilization, supervise the storage conditions, manage shipments and cargo, warehouse management e.t.c
- Identify the items entering and leaving, check the quality and quantity of items before documentation
- Report any problems with quality, quantity, or documentation of the received items immediately
- Ensure the storage standards are known by the team members. For instance, make sure that all requirement for food storage are fulfilled
- Pay particular attention to the use-by dates of food and medicine and ensure proper stock rotation.
- Advice Logistics Assistant whenever expiry dates are approaching (within 2 months)
- Carry out a monthly physical inventory of all items in stock and submit SFU to the Logistics Manager.
- Supervise the management of infected products. For instance, make sure that they are separated and documented.
- Separate foodstuffs from other stock and pay special attention to dangerous goods
- Ensure storage facilities are free from rats, rodents, and any other pests which may damage stock and periodically plan for fumigation of storage facilities
- Directly supervise the process of loading and unloading, including casual worker request, attendance sheets, and ensuring timely payment is made
- HND / B.Sc in management or any other related stream with professional experience in stock management.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to the Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Minimum Basic Salary: NGN 211,441 per month
Application Closing Date
16th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.