Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are four base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Monguno and Dutse, and three sub-bases including Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Mobilization Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full Time
Direct Line Manager: Community Mobilization Officer
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for a Community Mobilization Assistant to join our team in our Borno office.
- The Community Mobilization Assistant will play a key role in supporting the Community Mobilization Officer in implementing activities related to support to farmers in the implementation of sustainable production techniques in target areas.
- Knowledge of the area and good communication skills in English and Hausa or Kanuri are desired.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent team management and project management abilities who thrives in fast-paced environments.
- Community sensitization on the program objectives and methods to stimulate and eventually promote the understanding and participation of the target population. Community sensitization starts at village and Community-Leader levels and eventually extends to the entire population.
- Support the identification of farmers to support in their food production practices through improved techniques adapted to the locals environment, on the basis of a clear targeting methodology.
- Establish links and meetings with the Community Leaders and different groups existing in the working area.
- Maintain good relation and communication with all field staff, Sector Managers and the National Project Manager as required.
- Actively sensitize the population on RESILAC key messages and particularly messages for Sustainable Agriculture Pillar agreed with the Community Mobilisation Officer.
- Maintain community and beneficiaries engagement with the program, communicating any issue to the Community Mobilisation Officer.
- Minimum of National Diploma in Agriculture Studies or related fields
- Minimum of 1 year working experience in humanitarian or development context.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel to villages and stay at the field.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions.
- Proficiency with local languages (Hausa, Kanuri, Fulani).
Salary and Benefits
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to the Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Minimum Basic Salary: NGN 109,897 per month
Application Closing Date
16th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.