Strategic Workforce Solutions Limited (SWS or the Company) is a HR Consulting firm that was established in 2014. The Company is incorporated as a Private Limited Liability Company under the Companies and Allied Matters Act 1990 of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The Company offers services in HRAdvisory, Performance Management, Change Management, Organizational Development, Policy and Process Development, Job Analysis & Evaluation, Outsourcing Executive Training & Recruitment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Communications Intern
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Duration: The Duration of this internship is 12 weeks but can be extended on a case-by-case basis.
- Manage traditional media relations and social media for the firm
- Develop a social media calendar for the rest of the year
- Work closely with the public policy team to monitor and track media reports for key political and economic updates. Interns will collaborate with the public policy intern to prepare weekly briefs on the political economy of selected African countries
- Prepare press releases, briefing memos, newsletters, and strategic messages for senior management
- Work closely with public policy team to develop two publishable articles on a policy topic of regional focus every month
- Develop a calendar of Africa-focused events, register the firm for such events, and secure speaking roles for senior management
- Leverage technology tools to visualize macro-economic data. Intern will work closely with strategy and finance intern on ways to integrate visual data elements into the firm’s communications plan and social media strategy
Successful interns will have the following attributes:
- Academic Qualification:
- A recent graduate, an undergraduate, or a graduate student in communications, international relations, journalism, public relations, or any other social sciences degree.
- Other concentrations showing significant alignment with stated requirements will be considered
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills
- Proficiency in French, Igbo, Hausa, or Yoruba will be an advantage
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and MailChimp
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and Social Media Ads will be strongly considered
- Experience developing press releases and working with large-volume reports
- Experience presenting before an audience or interfacing with clients
- Prior working experience in a communications agency or media outlet will be considered favorably
- Experience using PowerBI or Tableau for data visualization
- Experience working on a subject area on agriculture, health, or technology will be considered favorably.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.