Borno State University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant Academic position below:
1. Laboratory Technologist
2. Assistant Librarian
3. Senior Librarian
4. Graduate Assistant (Science)
5. Graduate Assistant (Social and Management Sciences)
6. Graduate Assistant (Arts & Education)
7. Graduate Assistant (Agriculture)
8. Assistant Lecturer (Agriculture)
9. Assistant Lecturer (Arts & Education)
10 Senior Lecturer (Agriculture)
11. Lecturer II (Science)
12. Lecturer II (Social and Management Sciences)
13. Lecturer II (Arts & Education)
14. Librarian II
15. Librarian I
16. Lecturer II (Agriculture)
17. Lecturer I (Agriculture)
18. Lecturer I (Arts & Education)
19. Lecturer I (Social and Management Sciences)
20. Lecturer I (Sciences)
21. Senior Lecturer (Sciences)
22. Senior Lecturer (Social and Management Sciences)
23. Senior Lecturer (Arts & Education)
24. Reader (Agriculture)
25. Reader (Arts & Education)
26. Reader (Social and Management Sciences)
27. Reader (Sciences)
28. Professor (Sciences)
29. Professor (Social and Management Sciences)
30. Professor (Arts & Education)
31. Professor (Agriculture)
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidate must possess a good Bachelor’s, Master’s and Ph.D Degree from recognized Universities with at least two (2) years teaching, research and administrative experience as Lecturer-I in a recognized University
- Candidate must have evidence of at least eight (8) scholarly publications in learned journals in University and apex research/training institutes, plus evidence of successful supervision of at least three (3) Masters/Ph.D Degree. Candidate must be registered or registrable with the relevant professional/scientific bodies as applicable.
- Evidence of community service will be an added advantage. Candidate must have evidence ofNYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
Application Closing Date
21st December 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty (20) hard copies of their Applications along with their Credentials and Curriculum Vitae which should include the following details:
- Full Name
- Post Desired and Department
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth and State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- GSM Number
- Email Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children
- Institutions Attended (with dates – Starting with the latest)
- Academic Qualifications (with dates – Starting with the latest)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates – Starting with the latest)
- Honors, Distinctions and Membership of Learned Professional Societies (Starting with the latest)
- Working Experience (General and Specific Experience: Starting with the latest)
- Research interest or Commissioned Projects:
- Completed (list)
- List of Publications with Details of Title, Publishers, or dates and pages (where applicable)
- Conferences and Workshops attended with papers presented (Starting with the latest) in Peer-reviewed journals.
- Information on Fellowship, Masters’ Projects and Ph.D. Thesis Supervised: (To include the following) (Starting with the latest):
- Title of Thesis
- Name of Student(s)
- Date / Year of Commencement
- Completed / Ongoing (Anticipated date of Completion)
- Sole/Collaborative Supervision
- Details of Administrative Experience
- Teaching Experience
- Service to the Community (with status and dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Employer
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees: Two of the referees must be a senior professional/scientist in the candidate’s fields. It is the duty of the Candidate to inform the referees to write and send their report to the Registrar before the closing date.
All applications should be addressed and submitted to:
Borno State University,
P. M.B. 1122, Njimtilo,
Kano Road, Maiduguri,
- Candidate should indicate the position they applied for boldly on the right-hand side of the envelope.
- Only shortlisted candidate will receive an acknowledgement and invitation for an interview.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview