FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer (Reproductive Health and HIV)
Requisition – 2020202089
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Director, Prevention, Care & Treatment
- Provide technical support to implement high quality care, treatment and support activities with primary focus on improving reproductive health amongst HIV/AIDS clients including provision of support to improve family planning policies and/or services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership to expand access to high quality contraceptive products and services with a focus on introduction and scale-up of new and underutilized contraceptive methods.
- Support research teams with study implementation including working with partners to collect quantitative and/or qualitative data. Help ensure adherence to study protocols.
- With the Associate Director, Prevention, Care and Treatment , provide technical leadership and technical support related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS strategies and approaches related to implementation of programs.
- With the Associate Director, Prevention, Care and Treatment and state Senior Technical Officers, coordinate the design and implementation of components related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including the use of Anti-retroviral treatment in field-level projects and programs.
- Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS clinical management capacity building to field programs.
- With Associate Director, Prevention, Care and Treatment , develop guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation of clinical management and clinical monitoring of HIV/AIDS.
- Contribute to development of lessons learned from research, programs and projects related to family planning service provision and clinical management of HIV/AIDS and apply these lessons to modify existing program and improve the design of new programs and projects.
- Represent FHI/Nigeria to donors and government officials on issues of family planning, reproductive health, and clinical management of HIV/AIDS.
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of international family planning and clinical management of HIV/AIDS and related development field by reviewing current literature and stay alert to any implication of such experience and research for department activities.
- Work with relevant staff to coordinate the design and implementation of facility-based programs in relation to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including the use of Anti-retroviral treatment.
- Work with technical staff at the zonal and state offices and other relevant FHI staff to adapt and disseminate guidelines, tools and procedures that will support the achievement of quality service delivery.
- Support collection of costing data to support health economics assessments and/or to support development of costed scale-up plans for family planning method(s).
- Assist in strengthening a system of reporting on project progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Contribute to the development of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MB.BS / MD / PHD or similar degree with 3 to 5 years of progressive relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of PMTCT and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) in resource constrained settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
- Experience in project development with proven experience in the planning and facilitation of training is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Understanding of national and international family planning landscapes including effective strategies to expand access to new and underutilized contraceptive methods.
- Experience with implementing research studies including collection of quantitative and/or qualitative data.
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including provision of ART.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding reproductive health, family planning and HIV infections
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online