The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria – An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: STTA Trainer
Number of Positions: (2) Kujeni, (2) Kujeni Dutse, (2) Zikpak
Contract Term: Short Time
- The STTA Trainer will be responsible for leading the overall training planned for community neighborhood watch group in identified community.
- The STTA Trainer will develop a training guide / manual on basic early warning systems for community members to gain a solid understanding of the foundations of early warning systems, application of early warning reporting to community security, and building a sustainable, community-based early warning system.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The STTA Trainer will report to NLCB Program Officer during the period of performance.
Primary Responsibilities and Deliverables
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Drafting, for NLCB’s review, a training guide / manual on basic early warning systems that will allow participating community members to gain a solid understanding of the foundations of early warning systems. The STTA Trainer will incorporate NLCB’s feedback on the training guide / manual prior to finalization
- Designing training sessions to train participating community members on the guide / manual on early warning systems. Training sessions can include forums, breakout meetings, group discussions, workshop format, etc.
- Preparing all required material for the training sessions
- Setting up and facilitating the training on early warning systems for the participating community members
- Meeting with the NLCB team to gain feedback, implementation strategy, guidance, etc.
- Providing technical guidance and support to the participating community members during the training
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of a B.Sc. / HND in Social Sciences, Humanities, or relevant equivalent is required
- A minimum of two years of experience in capacity building and moderation, preferably within the NGO / IGNO sector
- Understanding of the socio-political landscape of southern Kaduna
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills are required
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Hausa
Application Closing Date
16th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: email@example.com
- A current Resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all work experience and qualifications; AND
- A cover letter
- Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume / CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.