Pro-Health International is a faith-based, non- profit organization that has provided free health care services to the vulnerable and under-served populations in Nigeria for over 29 years. CDC and USAID have funded PHI to implement HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care projects and Global Health security and Orphans and Vulnerable Children Interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Locations: Abuja, Delta and Imo States
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The Finance Assistant will be responsible for book keeping, disbursement, recording, requesting for replenishment of petty cash.
- He or She is responsible for financial transactions of assigned project.
- He or she will ensure timely banking, payments, contracts and payroll transactions of the project.
- He or She will assist in ensuring that Ledger accounts are properly maintained and reported in line with donor requirements and timelines.
- He or She will participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial reports for donor agencies and PHI.
- Make daily postings to ensure income and expenditures are given proper treatment in the project financial system. Ensure that expenditures are within budgetary allocation and also reports variation
- Ensure efficient use of project resources and compliance with organizational, Nigerian and various donor financial regulations and procedures, In addition, he or she will:
- Assists in the preparation of monthly reports for program financial activities in the field, Reports to Senior Accountant on the financial performance of the project on periodic basis.
- Undertakes payroll preparation; tax and pension deductions and remit same appropriately.
- Participates in monthly bank reconciliation for the program accounts.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- First degree / HND in Accounting related courses.
- Minimum of 1year work experience with a USG funded project and other donor agencies outside & within Nigeria
- Knowledge of Microsoft word, excel & PowerPoint
- Goodknowledge of tally accounting software
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage details
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of personalities
Application Closing Date
13th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter along with their Resume / CV to: email@example.com with the Job title and location as a subject
- This job description is not an exhaustive list, rather it is intended to be indicative of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
Equal Opportunity Language:
- “Pro-Health International is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”