The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Management Systems Assistant – Reintegration and Reconciliation (RR)
SVN No.: SVN2020.75
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall supervision of the Reintegration and Reconciliation (RR) Programme Coordinator and direct supervision of Database Officer, and in coordination with the S2R Project Coordinator in Maiduguri the incumbent will support the maintenance, expansion and development of the Reintegration and Reconciliation Information Management System (IMS) activities of the RR programme.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Conduct data analysis and produce statistical data on timely basis commensurate to the needs and demands of the Reintegration and Reconciliation program and to inform the policy-making process of Senior Management in relation to strategic direction of the Programs.
- Participate in the development and enhancement of the integrated methodology for data collection and information packaging as required and needed by Reintegration and Reconciliation program.
- Support the design, mapping, assessment and monitoring of beneficiaries and communities across all Reintegration and Reconciliation programs included ICRS and make these available for internal and external reports, visibility materials, publications, and the likes.
- Provide technical support in the guidance for the use of GIS mapping and in ensuring data collection has relevance to GIS coding.
- Assist in providing guidance to the ICRS database assistants.
- Train and support ICRS database assistants or field staff in the use, maintenance, and support of ICRS Nigeria database system.
- Monitor field work related to survey, assessment and monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Provide the needed support in assessment, analyzing, developing, implement and training the database system as requested.
- Support the production of timely reports and help in the distribution and monitoring of information requested or compiled as part of the mission’s institutional memory.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Database Management, Software Development, Mathematics and Statistics, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 4 years of relevant experience or High School Diploma in the above fields with six years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, Database Management, Software Development, Mathematics and Statistics.
- Experience in Information Management, emergency humanitarian operations management and coordination of information flows, data management including collection, storing, processing, and analysing data to generate information products.
- In-depth knowledge of the latest technological developments in information technology and information system.
- Ability to compile and holistically analyse diverse datasets.
- Experience with handling confidential data.
- Demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators Level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – Behavioural Indicators Level 2:
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
Application Closing Date
23rd November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2020.75 Information Management Systems Assistant Reintegration and Reconciliation (RR) G5.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.