360 HSDC, a subsidiary of Idmibok International, is a health community-based organization registered in Nigeria, that works in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical health, institutional and development related issues. 360 HSDC achieves this by collaborating with global and local development and private entities, such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations and the private sector. The organization has a multifaceted team of experts with proficiency and experience in emergency environments, humanitarian activities and development in diverse environments and ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
Closing date 15 Nov 2020
Years of experience:- 5-9 years
This is a consultancy for a proposal the organization is working on. This consultancy aims to support Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) interventions and approaches for pupils in grades 4-6 in selected public primary and integrated Quranic schools in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states. The consultant will facilitate the adoption of assessment tools, classroom activities/content and training materials to be used in these schools.
The reading and mathematics intervention will include the review of Hausa, English language and mathematics teaching and learning materials for pupils and teachers as well as training and support to mentors in collaboration with relevant stakeholders. systems.
· Leads the development/adaptation of content for literacy and numeracy lessons
· Leads tracking of facilitators’ classroom experiences
· Mentor facilitators on innovation and use of TaRL Maths methodology.
· Facilitate training of trainers (ToT) focusing on mentoring and monitoring content.
· Creating a training task team that would be made up of the strongest Leaders of Practice from Borno State. This task team would be responsible for training all the Master Trainers across Borno, Yobe and Adamawa.
· Master’s degree in Education and other related fields accompanied by relevant certificates;
· 5 years of experience in the area of teacher education/profession development, material development and capacity developing including in the areas of early literacy, numeracy and assessment of learning outcomes;
· Experience of undertaking education-related assignment in Nigeria, especially in the northern part of the country;
· Proficiency in English (both written and spoken).
· Knowledge of Hausa or Kanuri is an added advantage.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send applications to : email@example.com with Job Title as the subject, e.g “Literacy and Numeracy Content Expert”.
Application should include:
· CV/ Resume
· Cover letter (stating daily rate, country of residence, addressing previous related work, and how you intend to carry out this project).
· Relevant certificates
· A past project report or other relevant documents (e.g reference letters and completion certificates) highlighting previous experience in conducting learning needs assessment and training.
Only Nigerian nationals or people with a Nigerian work permit can apply.