Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Health Informatics Associate
- Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks an Administrative Assistant for the USAID funded Strategic HIV / AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order One in northwestern Nigeria.
- SHARP Task Order One will implement accelerated scale-up of interventions and cost-effective innovations to improve access to and quality of HIV / AIDS and TB service delivery, while strengthening the national health system in the northwestern states of Kebbi, Kwara, Niger, Sokoto, and Zamfara.
- The program will support HIV testing services, HIV diagnosis and treatment, HIV care and support, laboratory services, and health systems strengthening.
- We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. Please note this position will be based in Kebbi, Kwara, Niger, Sokoto, and Zamfara State Nigeria.
- The MEAL Health Informatics Associate under the supervision of the State MEAL Officer will be responsible for the deployment and implementation of the SHARP TO 1 electronic medical record – LAMIS and site-level data quality.
- MEAL Health Informatics Associate will work with others at headquarter, state offices, and facilities to ensure that the project electronic medical record (EMR) are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s needs. In addition to ensuring the following;
- Deploy LAMIS with key Performance components that include all relevant summary forms and ensure optimal functioning of the system across service delivery points
- Onboard the project LAMIS on the National Data Repository (NDR) according to the donor requirement
- Work with health facilities, state-level, and country office staff to provide support and guidance on the project’s electronic medical record systems and to ensure compliance with USAID and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements.
- Provide support to facilities in the states, including interacting with site Program Managers and M&E focal points to ensure these parties understand and can support EMR timely reporting requirements.
- Provide direct technical assistance and capacity building in the implementation of LAMIS to the facilities and state staff
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data quality assessments (DQAs), assist in the preparation of weekly and monthly reports and provide supportive supervision.
- Support validated daily data entry into DHIS and high-frequency reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Health Informatics, Statistics or other relevant fields with 1-3 years’ experience in software development and hardware repairs
- Experience in LAMIS development and deployment
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, ability to work collaboratively and independently, and the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Previous experience working on LAMIS
- Familiarity with PEPFAR USAID Key Performance indicators
- Previous experience in technical capacity building; ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to work collaboratively, productively, and sensitively within a multidiscipline, multicultural, and multigender environment.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within the State.
Application Closing Date
16th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
- Chemonics is an equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
- Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. The finalists will be contacted.