The Islamic Development Bank Group (IsDBG) on 1st April 2020 signed the Framework Agreement with the Federal Republic of Nigeria (represented by Federal Ministry of Finance) regarding the support in the implementation of the BRAVE Women Nigeria Program funded by Women Entrepreneurship Finance Initiative (We-Fi), administered by the World Bank. In 2019, prior to signing the agreement, IsDBG officially appointed Bank of Industry (BoI) as the Local Execution Agency (LEA). BRAVE Women Nigeria Project is to be implemented in Edo, Kano and Gombe States.
Bank of Industry (BoI) engaged W-Holistic Business Solutions to support the Program on Component 6: Set-Up & Capacity Building of a Project Management Unit (PMU) for Business Resilience Assistance for Value-Added Enterprises (BRAVE) Women in Nigeria.
Within this Component is the filling of the vacant 2.5 Years Contract position (subject to a possible extension of 6 months for project close-out) in the PMU as follows:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer
- BRAVE Women Nigeria Project focuses on developing and increasing the economic opportunities for female entrepreneurs through skills training aimed at business viability (i.e. profitability) in targeted country-specific value chains. It will enhance the bankability, entrepreneurial, and market development skills of female owned/led Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) that are critical to sustainable local growth and job creation. Furthermore, it will promote pro-poor growth by targeting the value chain in the market segments and sectors where the majority of the poor earn their living, and tackle gender disparities in economic opportunities by targeting women entrepreneurs.
- All Officers will work under the direction of the Project Manager and provide technical assistance to ensure that the BRAVE Women Nigeria Project’s mission, goals and operations are achieved on time, on budget and within scope.
- The MEAL Officer will be responsible for the monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner. The MEAL Officer will be responsible for all the tasks related to monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning of the BRAVE Women Nigeria project to ensure high quality program implementation.
- The MEAL Officer will also track results and apply the MEAL Framework as set up in the project document in line with prevailing internal monitoring guidelines, ensuring that reporting arrangements and requirements are in place and are being implemented in a timely manner.
S/he will provide support for the following tasks:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct and follow-up on the Baseline Study of the BRAVE Women Nigeria Project
- Responsible for the project database ensuring project information is up-to-date and accurate as well as on the project’s online dashboard
- Develop the project Logical Framework in line with the We-Fi approved Results Matrix
- Design, implement and update the project MEAL Plan and monitor the indicators of the project
- Collect, compile and analyse data for the BRAVE Women Nigeria Project
- Develop additional MEAL indicators for the project success
- Assist in preparing progress reports for the BRAVE Women Nigeria project in cooperation with the Project Manager, PMU and other relevant stakeholders
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities
- Create data collection tools as well as well as improve any existing ones currently under use by the BRAVE Women Nigeria Project
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results
- Prepare reports using data collection tools developed by BRAVE Women Nigeria project as well as new ones developed
- Identify and document Lessons Learnt on the BRAVE Women Nigeria Project
- Collect information for Case Studies, Success Stories, facilitating periodic reviews and preparing presentations on the achievements of the BRAVE Women Nigeria project and collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Officer in developing them.
- Coordinate any external evaluations of the BRAVE Women Nigeria project on behalf of BOI and provide, even on ad hoc basis, all required information
- Support capacity-building, knowledge management and networking
- Support the engagement and supervision of external consultants for all MEAL activities on the project.
- Carry out additional duties to support the smooth operations and management of PMU
- A graduate degree in Development, Management, Economics, Business Administration, or a related field. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning with NGOs, bilateral or multilateral developmental agencies.
- Knowledge of international development or a demonstrated interest in private sector development (specifically MSME development and financing) and/or gender-related issues.
- Ability to advise on problems with technical competency leading to fact-based and practical recommendations and creative solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholder groups.
- Experience in Qualitative and Quantitative Research.
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems would be highly desirable.
- Good understanding of Results Based Management and Project Life Cycle Management.
- Adept skills in project cycle management.
- Ability to learn new concepts and methods of work.
- Ability to focus on impact and results
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate in English (written and oral). Working knowledge of other Nigerian languages is an asset.
- Computer skills & knowledge, in particular Microsoft Office Package – Excel, Word, Power Point and any statistical package.
Application Closing Date
Thursday, 26th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com with the Job Title as subject of the email.