Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Manager
The purpose of the five-year (2020-2025) “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria. This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary).
State2State will achieve this purpose by facilitating the strengthening of sub-national governance systems in a sustainable manner, supporting the efforts of local reformers and building on locally-derived solutions including, to the extent possible, reforms already working in other parts of Nigeria.
- The Office Manager is the lead administrative staff person for the State2State head office in Nigeria.
- The Office Manager will oversee all day-to-day business operations of the office.
- He / she will be expected to coordinate closely with the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) and the home office administration staff.
- Manage the day-to-day business operations of the office.
- Ensure reception coverage during business hours.
- Manage the security of the office premises, property therein, and the motor pool.
- Organize full-time driver staff and project vehicles and short-term intermittent drivers, as needed, to meet the travel needs of project staff.
- Work with the IT support staff to ensure the efficient operation of the local area network.
- Perform competitive procurement for goods and services (examples: security, cleaning, office supplies, temporary drivers) and negotiate with vendors.
- Coordinate the inspection and receipt of goods and updating of inventory register.
- Ensure that project staff needs for office equipment, supplies, and furniture are met.
- Develop and maintain an efficient up-to-date stock of items in the store.
- Report imminent stock out to the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Communicate with landlord on facilities management, improvement, and repair issues. Coordination with the Senior Accounting Manager to ensure petty cash needs are met.
- Fill in as translator / interpreter and driver as needed.
- Perform regular walk-through maintenance inspections of facilities and grounds to identify maintenance problems, damaged or inoperable property and equipment, and unsafe conditions.
- Ensure repair, replacement, or remedy.
- Coordinate the insurance of project vehicles and other property.
- Conduct periodic assets verification and tagging of assets.
- Coordinate the disposition of assets when necessary.
- Be proactive in organizing staff events and assist in administering training and provide guidance to staff involved in operational or administrative activities.
- Assist in customs clearance or project equipment and onward transportation to regional locations if required.
- Evaluate personnel liability in cases of reported lost, damaged, misused, or stolen property and assist in investigations as required; report and recommend appropriate follow-up actions.
- Maintain efficient filing system.
- The Office Manager will report to the DFA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, or other relevant field.
- Working knowledge of US Government operations, policies, and procedures, and FAR regulations preferred.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience as an office manager.
- Highly organized and the ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of budgeting and procuring goods.
- Strong analytical skills with good problem-solving skills & creativity, supported by good writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in security coordination and management.
Application Closing Date
Friday, 20th November 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV by e-mail to: NigeriaGovernance@dai.com
- Applications from women, people with disability and young people who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- IMPORTANT: Please list the title of the position and location you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
- DAI will only contact shortlisted candidates.