360 HSDC, a subsidiary of Idmibok International, is a health community-based organization registered in Nigeria, that works in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical health, institutional and development related issues. 360 HSDC achieves this by collaborating with global and local development and private entities, such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations and the private sector. The organization has a multifaceted team of experts with proficiency and experience in emergency environments, humanitarian activities and development in diverse environments and ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
Closing date 12 Nov 2020
Years of experience:- 5-9 years
This is a consultancy for a proposal the organization is working on. This proposal aims to support the inclusion of Differentiated Service Delivery (DSD) in national policies, strategies and/or plans, support scale up of successful DSD models and measurement of success, and strengthen health care. The program will be implemented in Nigeria, Mozambique, Tanzania and Zambia, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Indonesia and Philippines.
· Engagement of policy makers and program managers at national and regional levels on the need for service delivery models or adaptations necessary for improvements along the HIV testing and treatment cascade and achievement of grant targets.
· Support initial and ongoing assessment of key cascade indicators and root cause analyses including:
· Identification of gaps in the testing and treatment cascade at national and regional levels.
· Identification of policy/regulatory, administrative, resource, procurement and supply chain or other contextual barriers to effective implementation at national and regional levels.
· Assessment of service delivery costs, patient and provider values and preferences, satisfaction
· Support the development and/or revision of national policies and plans for DSD and inclusion in national HIV strategies or plans including:
· Alignment (and/or inclusion) of DSD approaches, plans and targets within national HIV policies, strategic plans and guidelines.
· Develop (or support the development) of assessment tools, SOPs, job aides, IEC materials and training tools for the implementation of DSD models or adaptations for priority populations.
· Support collaborative learning sessions at district/regional and site level on relevant service delivery models or adaptations.
· Support the improvement of data collection, reporting and use in the improving service delivery including specific adaptation to M&E tools and reporting needed.
· Support the linkage of data collected with population size estimates (for targeting), ensuring the use of UICs and leveraging IBBS and other surveys.
· Support district/regional and site-level collaborative learning sessions for facility and community health care workers and implementers on key DSD models, monitoring and evaluation and quality improvement approaches.Advertisement
· Documentation and dissemination of lessons learned and best practices.
· Supporting collaborative sessions on root causes of service delivery bottlenecks and solutions.
· Advanced university degree in medicine, public health, health system management, epidemiology, or related field;
· At least 7 years of professional experience (international or national) working in planning, management and Monitoring & Evaluation of programs in the health sector, including in developing countries
· Experience engaging national, local/community (or private sector) actors in health or related service delivery;
· Project management and administration, communications and advocacy skills
· Understanding of current recommendations for HIV differentiated service delivery approaches for testing and treatment, including existing guidance and tools that can be used at country level;
· Understanding of differentiated service delivery (DSD) approaches and innovations (models) in the following areas: Differentiated HIV Testing Services (HTS), Differentiated HIV Testing Services (HTS), Advanced HIV Disease Management (AHD);
· Experience in working in at least one of the 10 selected countries; Preference may be given to experts with experience in the priority countries or other countries in the region.
· Demonstrated sound knowledge and expertise in assessing design and effectiveness of public health interventions;
· Ability to manage and work in a team setting;
· Excellent communication and presentation skills;
· Excellent Report-writing skills in English:
· Proficiency in MS Office programs;
· Ability to demonstrate accountability and integrity;
· Ability to show tactfulness, consideration and respect for others;
· Ability to display cultural sensitivity, and adaptability in interaction with people of different backgrounds;
· Excellent ability to communicate (writing and speaking) in English.
· Knowledge of French, Portuguese, Swahili, Filipino, Indonesian, Spanish, or any other local languages spoken in the selected countries for implementation are desired.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send applications to : email@example.com with Job Title as the subject, e.g “Public Health Specialist on DSD”.
Application should include:
· CV/ Resume
· Cover letter (stating daily rate, country of residence, addressing previous related work, and how you intend to carry out this project).
· Relevant certificates and proof of previous work related to position (e.g. final project reports, reference letters and completion certificates)
Note: Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.