Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Team Leader – Logistics
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract type: National contract
- Provide support to the programme by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of supply chain – Logistics activities in accordance with the Operations Handbook and Program Manual with adherence to the donor guidelines.
- Ensure goods purchased are in accordance with specified requirements and match given specifications before accepted in to the warehouse.
- Ensure goods purchased are delivered to the appropriate location and/or person(s) in a timely manner, providing continuous feedback to the Area Manager.
- Assisting in the development of procurement plans providing Logistics related inputs during proposal development.
- In collaboration with procurement teams, Implement relevant framework agreements and framework contracts for recurring and routine procurements
- Ensure that all stocks are tracked correctly and stock tracker is circulated to programme managers on a weekly basis
- Participate in evaluation of relevant bids and proposals when requested and assist with the preparation of contracts.
- Assist with warehouse management tasks when required including ensuring warehouse documentation is maintained in accordance with DRC policies, overseeing deliveries to and dispatches from DRC warehouses and checking stocks levels.
- Initiate sporadic physical stock counts in collaboration with programme staff
- Maintaining of office store
- Ensure quality of goods received are in alignment with specifications in purchase request in collaboration with relevant technical programme staff.
- Guarantee live update of stock report and dissemination to relevant management and staffs on a weekly basis
- In consultation with Area Manager with support from the Coordinator, plan and manage the capacity building of all staff, in addition to providing support to programme staff on relevant procedures and processes.
- Responsible for direct line management of large Logistics staff in Maiduguri and in deep field locations based on the set up of the team.
- Arrange to coordinate the work of service providers in plumbing, electricity, etc. Ensure that the above services are of satisfactory quality and certify the accuracy of the related requests & invoices;
- Ensure the daily maintenance of the air conditioning, electricity, water and any repairs in consultation with the lessor / landlord;
- Ensure the functioning of equipment in office & guest house compounds, in common areas, such as: conference / meeting room equipment etc. Coordinate and ensure small one-time repairs, those of a more important nature to be done in consultation with Area Manager, Procurement.
- Ensure the provision and continuity of services outside office hours and on holidays through appropriate maintenance contracts developed in collaboration with procurement and area manager.
- Manage allowed amount of petty cash for day-to-day expenses and prepare a detailed and accurate report of expenses together with supporting documents and submit them for approval to the Area Manager before any further bailouts.
Assets / Inventory:
- Oversee all tasks related to asset management including maintaining the asset register, asset cards and personal issue forms. Perform a quarterly physical asset check.
- Support and provide Technical Guidance towards the Field Offices
- Managing the merging of data, and regular update of DRC Dynamics ERP Software
- Work closely with the Logistics sector & other partners in handling transportation of relief items to the field locations.
- Focal point to Logistics sector and responsible for handling cargo clearance processes
NB: The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- 3-5 years’ experience in supply chain, including procurement, logistics, fleet management, transportation asset inventory.
- Experience of building and developing the capacity of supply chain staff through the use of training, performance management frameworks and development plans
- Essential experience in managing large warehouses and MSUs
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with service providers and contractors’ management.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Experience with standard Logistics procedures mainly warehouse, Transportation, Inventory and Asset Management and documentation.
- Experience with construction and site project management.
- Experience with electrical installations.
- Experience working in an (I)NGO setting
- Availability: ASAP.
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager”.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals only.
- Applications sent / received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants who are invited for written test and oral interview will be contacted