Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications / Knowledge Management Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Start Date: November 2020 – August 6, 2025
- The purpose of the five-year (2020-2025) “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria
- This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary).
- State2State will achieve this purpose by facilitating the strengthening of subnational governance systems in a sustainable manner, supporting the efforts of local reformers and building on locally-derived solutions including, to the extent possible, reforms already working in other parts of Nigeria.
- The Communications / Knowledge Management (Comms/KM) Specialist will be responsible for the overall design, development, and management of the project’s public affairs and public awareness communications programs (such as public communications, studies, reports, informative and promotional products, workshops, conferences, fairs, media-related activities, commodities, project materials, and deliverables)
- S/he will provide leadership in the preparation and presentation to USAID of reports on the progress and impact of program activities
- S/he will encourage an open, transparent environment where everyone is informed about project developments
- S/he will support the tracking of reform initiatives and assist in developing written guidelines to help standardize and simplify online storage and the circulation of project documents and information
- S/he will lead the production of newsletters and bulletins for internal and external audiences and weekly summaries for all staff on what is happening across the project.
- The Communications / KM Specialist will be responsible for the communications and knowledge management of the State2State activity. This role generates communications/KM work plans and products
- including events and webpages. The Communications/KM Specialist will facilitate information use, disseminate learning results to stakeholders and document adaptive decisions.
- The Communications/KM Specialist will Compile qualitative reports from state offices for quarterly, annual and portfolio reviews and ensure awareness and lessons learned from activity implementation and accomplishments.
- The Communications / KM Specialist will report to the Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as English, Communications, Marketing, Information Management, Public Affairs, Media, or other relevant fields. However, two (2) additional years of relevant international development experience can be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least nine (9) years of experience in marketing communications, information management, public affairs, public awareness and/or media.
- S/he will already have strong networks in the industry and a high capacity for networking. In addition, s/he will also have practical experience in developing and maintaining communications products and processes (websites, newsletters, and social media) as well as be prepared to work in a diverse and collaborative team across locations
- S/he must possess excellent communication skills in English (oral and written) as well as sound conceptual and computing skills, be innovative and has initiative and, be proactive
- Should be a consummate team player and respective of diversity
- Previous experience in a USG-funded communications role is desired and, in a USG-funded democracy and governance program preferred.
Application Closing Date
20th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: NigeriaGovernance@dai.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
Note: Applications from women, people with disability and young people who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.