Are you a highly talented international student in the exploration of scholarships to study in the UK? Well, you have a great opportunity to study at your desire place. The University of Sheffield is thrilling to announce International Postgraduate Taught Merit Scholarships for the academic year 2021-2022.
These competitive grants provide a 25% discount towards the original tuition fee. The grants are available to all new international students who have taken admission in a postgraduate taught program at the university.
The University of Sheffield
Founded in 1905, The University of Sheffield is a public research university in Sheffield. The university has been described by The Times as one of the powerhouses of British higher education. The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs. It was ranked #93 by QS World University Rankings, and it has become number one in the UK for income and investment in engineering research according to new data published by the HESA.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- The applicant must commence a programme must begin at the University of Sheffield in the autumn of 2021.
- Applicant must be a self-funded and required to pay the overseas tuition fee.
- Applicant must be studying a Masters, or integrated PhD programme is eligible for a merit scholarship in the Master’s element of the programme.
- The applicant has clearly stated potential goals, which apply to the degree to which they have applied for.
- The applicant has a strong academic profile.
- All MArch programmes are considered as postgraduate taught programmes.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are available to study a postgraduate taught programme in the following fields:
- Liberal Arts
- Basic Science
- Business Administration, MBA
- Chemical Engineering
Benefits of the programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- Each winning candidate will get the value 25% discount towards the original tuition fee.
- The scholarship will be applied as a tuition fee discount only.
Why study at the University of Sheffield?
The University of Sheffield is a leading academic university with a worldwide reputation for excellence. Take advantage of all it has to offer, and you’re not only going to graduate with honours – you’re going to graduate with the insight, skills and experience that sets you apart. The university has a global reputation for its exceptional teaching, impactful research, international outlook and outstanding student experience.
How to apply for the scholarship?
For applying to these scholarships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step1: Apply for Admission
To be involved in this studentships, you are required to apply for a postgraduate taught degree program at the University of Sheffield. After taking admission, you are eligible for applying for the scholarship.
Step2: Submit Required Documents
When you apply for postgraduate study, you should include the supporting documents relevant for your application:
- Proof of your previous degree(s).
- Official translations into English academic references.
- English language certificates (International applicants).
- A supporting statement (including a research proposal where relevant)
- Curriculum vitae (CV)/resume.
- Holders of a good bachelor degree from a recognised university will be considered for direct admission to a postgraduate diploma or Masters programmes.
- If you are a non-English background, you must demonstrate evidence of English language proficiency.
You have to apply for a Tier 4 (General) visa before you arrive in the UK to start your course as an international student who is attending the university and is enrolled in a full-time course lasting over six months. Otherwise, you will not be permitted to join the United Kingdom.
Application deadline: May 17, 2021
Contact Address: +44 114 222 2000
University Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England