RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Procurement Specialist
- The USF Senior Procurement Specialist will in close collaboration with the USF Manager, lead the procurement process of the Utility Support Fund Activities. He/she will be responsible for the development and review of the procurement packages, including request for quotations, bid evaluation and selection, monitoring of procurement and quality control.
- Supervise the USF procurement team and organize the workload repartition of procurement activities among the USF procurement specialists to ensure effectiveness and timely completion of the various tasks
- In charge of the implementation and coordination of all procurement tasks which includes the development of request for quotations (RFQ), distribution of RFQs to – vendors, development of the bid matrix and evaluation form, organization of evaluation committee, follow-up with evaluators on evaluation progress, compile evaluation scores, develop and ensure accurate completion of contractual documents in accordance with RTI and USAID policies and procedures (justification, debarment checks, contract, etc.)
- Responsible for the development and finalization of USF procurement packages; ensure quality of procurement package for review by USF Manager and procurement regional office
- Review and finalize the technical specifications of all equipment to be procured through the USF, and statement of work for short term technical assistance (STTA) required for the implementation of USF activities
- Participate in the follow-up of active contracts and quality implementation; perform routine supplier monitoring
- Contributes to the development of reports, including data tables, graphics, and data visualization dashboards to ensure robust project learning and quality reporting to the client
- Participates in analysis and capitalization of USF activities on results and communication of achievements
- Supports recruited consultants, suppliers, service providers in the implementation of their activities
- Inform in a timely manner USF Manager and E-WASH Management team of any issues and propose action/solution plan
- Supports external project monitoring and evaluation missions
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Master’s degree and 6 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience (Degree in business administration, accounting or related fields)
- Demonstrated experience working on USAID funded projects preferred
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with USAID rules and regulations preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- An understanding of and commitment to RTI’s mission and values
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Prior experience with development of procurement packages and grant management
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to simultaneously work on and manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Ability to work well with others (colleagues, contractors, and project partners)
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Fluent in English
Application Closing Date
23rd November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit by e-mail only an Application letter and a CV as ONE SINGLE WORD document to: Recruitment@ewash.rti.org VERY IMPORTANT – On the subject LINE of your email you should only put the Email Subject line (no other text should be on this subject line) that you are applying.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a highly competitive renumeration. Take note that any successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation. For further information about RTI International, please visit our website at www.rti.org
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V