Title: Supply Chain & Pharmacy Senior Officer
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party/Technical Director
Years of experience:-3-4 years
The Supply Chain and Pharmacy Senior officers will Support/Lead the overall planning, implementation and delivery of high-quality supply chain and pharmaceutical care, pharmacovigilance and DMOC services as well as the implementation of an efficient health commodity logistics system for the organization in accordance with donor requirements and stipulated guidelines of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Support the state level implementation, monitoring, service quality governance and reporting of CPARP, CARC and other DSD models.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and improving a logistics management information system and an electronic inventory control system of stocking and tracking commodities.
- Responsible for designing coordinated systems for the transportation of health commodities, reporting and forecasting delivery times and performance analysis to reduce stock-outs, eliminate wastes and lower costs.
- Support the generation of RISE harmonized LMDs, tracking of order status, stock status analysis and post-gap analysis for all supported states
- Responsible for directing outgoing or incoming health commodities distribution activities of the project; ensuring health commodities or supplies are shipped, distributed, or received in an efficient manner and that all required inventory checks are conducted, and all variances reconciled.
- Collaborate with the State teams to ensure LMCUs to promote and oversee an integrated approach to the supply chain management of health commodities.
- Coordinate the pharmaceutical care and pharmacovigilance aspects of the HIV care and treatment program.
- Support periodic training of pharmacy, medical, nursing and other staff across supported sites.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in public health, Pharmacy, or related health, medical, or social science discipline; .
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID/PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
- 3+ years’ experience in management, operational and technical expertise with a preference in HIV program implementation
- Experience in managing Supply Chain processes and information flows.
- Work experience in logistics, preferably in an NGO setting.
- Problem solving ability. Quick learner with practical, precise approach.
- Knowledge of geography
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use spreadsheets and databases.
- Writing skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and make decisions quickly
How to apply
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to email@example.com using “Position&Location” as the subject of the email.
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Friday 20th November, 2020
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org