The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
JobTitle: Grants Coordinator
Webcruiter ID: 4312870207
Employment Type: Contract
Percentage of full-time: 100
Start Date: 01.01.2021
End Date: 31.12.2021
Reports to: The Grants Manager
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015 in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Yola Area Office, Field Offices in Borno and Adamawa states and a coordination office in Abuja.
- NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Livelihoods & Food Security (LFS); Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education and Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- NRC is looking for a Grants Coordinator for Nigeria. The purpose of the Grants Coordinator position is to provide essential grant management support to the Grants Manager in delivering quality programmes in line with the NRC Nigeria Country Office strategy and Plan of Action.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for compliance in relation to grant management and project cycle management processes for allocated projects.
- Manages the process of compiling reports (donors and internal reports) in close collaboration with CC Specialists, Programme and M&E teams, and Finance to ensure accurate, transparent and timely delivery of narrative and financial documents for allocated projects.
- Contribute to the development and revision of funding proposals, budgets and donor reports
- Support in the development and implementation of grants-related trainings, including proposal and report writing
- Provide an internal help-desk on donor related issues, including organize and deliver trainings in donor rules and regulations, as well as proposal and report writing
- Support in the maintenance of an accessible and well-organized filing system for storing all grant-specific files for all of NRC’s past and active grants.
- Between 3-5 years of relevant experience within field of expertise
- Relevant university degree or higher education
- Relevant experience with grants management in the humanitarian sector
- Experience from working with humanitarian and development donors
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations
- Skills and experience in report and proposal writing
- Strong communication, coordination and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills (data and financial)
- Ability to mediate in high-stress scenarios with competing interest
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Above average computer skills, with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Planning and delivering results
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
We Can Offer
- Commencement: 1st January, 2021
- Duration: 12 months (renewable)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions – Grade Level: Grade 7
- Duty station: Maiduguri
- Travel: 40% travels outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Application Closing Date
22nd November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Procedures and CV Registration
Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location