IPAS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending preventable deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortions. Through local, national and global partnerships, IPAS works to ensure women can obtain safe, respectful and comprehensive abortion care; including counselling and contraception to prevent unintended pregnancies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Ref. No.: R275
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- The Country Finance Manager is a member of Ipas Nigeria’s Senior Management Team responsible for the management of the financial functions of the country program.
- The role is responsible for specific finance functions, operational functions, funding functions.
- S / He is responsible for accurate budgeting, recording expenditures, financial reporting, donor reports, reviewing and processing payments, and backup for processing cash and accounts payable as well as expeditious implementation of Ipas Nigeria’s programs.
- Staff Management: provide effective leadership for the Finance team, ensuring effective utilisation of their capacity toward the achievement of Ipas Nigeria objectives and organisational vision and mission
- Maintains positive relationship with internal and external audit teams and assumes responsibility for timely provision of required documentation to support completion of statutory and Ipas mandated audit exercises
- Collaborate with Ipas bankers and representatives of government to ensure hitch-free management of Ipas financial resources in compliance with Nigeria’s financial regulations and global financial best practices
- Develop and maintain relations with the HQ team as well as with external partners and stakeholders
- Manages cost centre for finance team-related expenses and budgets
- Responds to queries from government regulatory agencies.
- Corresponds with external auditors on a needs basis.
- Supports the Country Director and other members of the Senior Management Team by availing strategic financial management advice and technical expertise required for the smooth operations of Ipas’s Nigeria’s program
- Prepares, manages, and ensures implementation of country office and donor budgets; allocates approved expenditures appropriately and tracks spending; alerts project manager of budget trends periodically in a manner that ensures efficient implementation of country program activities
- Coordinate and steer the development of financial plans for the implementation of the country strategy. Coordinate the annual financial planning and rolling forecast processes ensuring adequate guidance and support is provided to budget managers holders to develop their annual plans in line with organizational policies and donor commitments.
- Provide regular management accounts reports on financial performance and explaining reasons for deviations from plans and proposing major actions required to address any major deviations.
- Provide support and assist the Country Program to prepare its annual budget in a manner that will ensure efficient implementation of country program activities.
- Leads the coordination of local audits; reviews and streamlines audit reports for submission to headquarters
- Risk Management: Develop and regularly update a Risk Management Strategy and process for Ipas Nigeria and flag financial risks such as partner financial management compliance risk, exchange rate fluctuation and tax; working with CD, advise mitigation measures as required.
- Compliance: Ensure that Ipas Nigeria is in compliance with organizational standard operating procedures, donor guidelines, local legislation that may be applicable including those relating taxation, financial reporting, custom duties and rates. Also ensure compliance with applicable international laws relating to the use of financial resources e.g. GAAP, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Data Protection etc.
- Prepares and submits financial reports for the country office to headquarters on a monthly basis and as required; Designs budget monitoring tools and templates to be used to generate accurate and timely financial reports for donors and Ipas Global as required
- Oversees cash management and maintains accurate financial records; Oversee proper spending of funds, tracks expenses, and develops expense reports
- Review and regularly update finance policy and procedures to ensure effective and enabling financial controls are in place and are in tune with Ipas financial procedures and global best practices; Ensure strong internal controls are in place and effective to ensure Ipas assets are adequately safeguarded from financial loss.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 10+ years of experience
- 7 or more years of management experience
- 5 or more years of supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate in English
- Ability to travel 10%
- ACA or CPA
- Solid GAAP, IFRS and financial reporting technical skills
- Advanced degree in accounting, finance, or business
- Experience managing large grants, funds, and/or budgets
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and at least an accounting software package
- Superb Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Highly analytical
- Decisive Risk Management & Problem Solving
- Highly numerate
- Strong financial management and accounting experience
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, military service, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law or outlined by Ipas policy