Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Personnel Development Manager
Location: Maiduguri, with extended visits to projects in Pulka, Gwoza, Zamfara and Abuja
Report to (Hierarchical): Human Resources Coordinator
Report to (functional): Human Resources Coordinator / Development Unit HQ
Working Hours: 48 Hours per Week
No of Places: 01 (one)
Contract Duration: 12 (twelve) Months Renewable
- Is responsible for ensuring the HR capacity required, sizing and improving people capabilities, contribution and active participation in order to achieve Nigeria Mission goals effectively. This will be done according to MSF human resources vision and values.
- Knows NIGERIA MISSION recruitment and development policies, procedures and tools, adapt them to the Mission’s context and ensure an equitable, fair, transparent, efficient and accountable implementation throughout the Mission by all relevant people in the mission
- Provide expertise to all people involved in recruitment process on how to lead it properly with the aim of recruiting professionals and people with potentials to be developed.
- Ensures alignment with existing policies and provides expert support to coordinators, activity managers and supervisors in recruiting and developing people under their supervision: first screening of CVs, interview methods, content, detection of potentials, best practices, PMS, alignment of development with operational objectives, etc.
- Knows OC’s induction policies, procedures and tools, adapt them to the Mission’s context and ensure its proper implementation for all newly recruited/arrived staff and for previously hired staff in the Mission who had no access to them when being recruited.
- Ensures (together with the coordinator/supervisors/activity manager) that pre-established specific preparation or specific briefings for newly recruited/arrived staff on the basis of the profile sheet received (OCBA) or development plan are properly done in due time.
- Ensure that all newly recruited/arrived staff receive a briefing agenda upon recruitment/arrival and that they are properly briefed by her/his hierarchical and functional supervisor (if applicable) and receive all the due information according to the established procedures standard briefing content.
- Follow up the quality and impact of whole briefing and induction processes, collects data and suggest improvements to HRCo if advisable.
- Suggests career paths and support plans for specific persons to HRCo and line managers, ensuring a proper liaison with the Operational needs and objectives set, the results of PMS, the training possibilities (local, international, intersectional, regional, etc.) and the potentials identified.
- Together with HRCo, HRO/REHUCO and Training Unit in HQ, contributes to create and implement a mission training policy adapted to the Mission in order to respond to the needs identified among the staff, prioritizing those needed to ensure the Operational objectives set.
- Together with HRCo, HRO/REHUCO and Training Unit in HQ, contributes to the identification of training options at local / regional / international / intersectional level, and provide expertise upon request to line managers with regards to the assessment of training needs within the teams they supervise.
- In close collaboration with HRCo, HRO/REHUCO and Training Unit in HQ, ensures proper implementation of the Training Policy, procedures and tools in the Mission and support and develop training for Coordinators/supervisors/activity managers (i.e. HR Management, PMS, etc.)
- Support and empower administration managers and HR/administration staff of the Mission in her/his area of expertise (i.e. recruitment, development, induction, detection of talent, training, etc.)
- Provide expertise and support to all coordinators/supervisors/activity managers on how to implement PMS (tool , method, setting up objectives, follow up of action plan and best practices) with the aim to evaluate and develop competencies of the staff they supervise.
- Look for synergy/exchanges with other MSF sections and other NGOs in terms of trainings, coachings and other development tools
- Collaborate with HRCo in building/updating the annual plan and budget, with regards to her/his area of work and responsibilities.
- Shares with HRCo all information/suggestions/activities which may have an impact in planning, budget or HR strategies (i.e. suggested career path, requested trainings, development events, mobility, etc.), and does not im-plement them without previous authorization of HRCo.
- University Degree; diploma/further studies in Human Resources or (Organizational) Psychology.
- Essential work experience of at least 2 years in a similar position (Responsible of Training and Development, HRM etc).
- Essential experience with MSF as development manager, HRCo or similar HR role
- Experience leading recruitment and development activities
- MSF experience in HR position is an advantage
- Desirable previous experience in MSF or other NGO
- English and Hausa Essential
- People Management,
According to OCBA salary grid scale (National contract)
Application Closing Date
26th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their
CV, Motivation Letter, copies of Credentials and NYSC (only PDF or Word) either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.