Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are four base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Monguno, and Dutse, and three sub-bases including Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH PHP / NFI Assistant
Location: Bade, Yobe
Job type: Full Time
Direct Line Manager: WASH PHP/NFI Officer
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for WASH PHP/NFI Assistant to join our team in our Yobe office.
- This person will provide technical support to undertake hygiene promotion related activities and non-food items distribution to affected populations, the person should be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of the daily work/activities e.t.c.
- Carry out safe hygiene promotion on COVID-19 prevention, control, and mobilize members of the beneficiary communities for awareness-raising sessions.
- Mobilize communities to adopt safe hygiene practices as promoted by the project (latrine construction, handwashing facilities, and practice environmental cleanliness).
- Provide technical support to the WASH PHP/NFI officer in conducting visits to the community (schools, homes, health facilities, etc.) to identify gaps in terms of hygiene, sanitation, and use of water.
- Engage in the preparation of training modules for good hygiene promotion on COVID-19 prevention and control in the communities and health facilities.
- Assist the WASH PHP/NFI officer in developing teaching tools adapted to different audiences such as; songs, role games, meetings, training courses for hygiene and health promotion including COVID-19 prevention and control message
- Minimum of National Diploma in Health, Hygiene, and Sanitation field, with 2 years’ experience in the related field.
- Previous experience in hygiene promotion and community mobilization;
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited;
- Capacity to work in a diverse team
- Fluency in English and Hausa;
- Minimum Monthly Salary: 156,995 Naira
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to the Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online