The World Health Organization (WHO) is offering a 3-module learning package for students who want to participate in a coordinated global response plan to the COVID-19 outbreak. This is a great opportunity for students who want to learn more about the global pandemic and what are the ways to help bring the world back to normal. We also want to mention that the learning package also provides the required guidance to implement the Operational Planning Guidelines to Support Country Preparedness and Response.
Key Learning Objectives
Successful applicants will learn lots of important lessons that will help them provide support for the COVID-19 outbreak, but that’s not all. Check out the key learning objectives below:
- Be able to educate yourself and others about the importance of operationalizing the SPRP for the COVID-19 outbreak using the Operational Planning Guidelines
- Be able to describe the 8 major pillars of public health preparedness and response and initial actions to be taken by the UN country teams
- Be able to access the full set of actions, performance indicators, and resources needed to conduct the preparedness level assessment using the COVID-19 Partners Platform for country preparedness and response plans
- Course duration: Approximately 1 hour for Modules 1 and 2 and another hour for Module 3.
In order to assist UN country teams in scaling upcountry preparedness and response to COVID-19, WHO has developed these learning modules as a companion to the Operational Planning Guidelines to Support Country Preparedness and Response.
The training is intended for:
- For UN country teams (UNCTs)
- For other relevant stakeholders, including partners, donors, and civil society
- To support national readiness and preparedness for COVID-19
- To help countries increase their capacity to respond to COVID-19
- To increase international coordination for response and preparedness
- To streamline the process of coordinating resources and assessing country preparedness level
Official Letter and Deadline
If you want to apply for the WHO Free Online Course in 2020, then you should CLICK HERE and access the official website where you can find all the additional information that you need. The application process is online and there is no deadline announced.