Since 1993, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries with 18 million Beneficiaries and over 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects, and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
Considering the displacement in the NorthEast part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Maiduguri to respond to the humanitarian needs.
We are therefore looking to fill the position below to support our mission in (Maiduguri):
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Location: Maiduguri. Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Logistics Assistant is responsible for all the below responsibilities for Maiduguri Office according to ACTED guidelines Under the authority of Senior Logistics Officer & Area Logistics Manager
Procurement and Supply chain management.
- Must assess all the IT, Energy and Communication needs in Maiduguri and field areas.
- Submit a request for appropriate setup in field offices to Senior Logistics Officer and Area/Country Logistics Manager.
- Follow up of delivery with selected vendor and flow of information to requester on procurement of IT items.
- Responsible for collection of all assets/IT equipment related documents/warranty cards from the vendor at the time of purchase.
- Responsible for functional check of newly procure asset/IT equipment.
- Responsible for registration of newly procured asset on Asset Reception Sheet and Asset Follow-Up
Assets and Other Property Management:
- Account for the overall compliance with assets, other properties (inventory) management procedures.
- Supervise the safety and effective use of all ACTED assets and other properties in the office.
- Verify and direct the maintenance and repairs of assets and other properties on time;
- Assess the need for additional equipment and obtain authorisation from Senior Logistics Officer.
- Responsible to keep all asset in working condition.
- Account for keeping all asset “ready to use” being in stock.
- Ensure that IT consumables (cartridges, batteries, data cables, HDMI, surge protector, chargers etc…) are available in stock 24/7.
- Responsible for movement and tracking of asset from a base to another.
- Update the asset/inventory wish list on Monthly basis for inclusion in new proposals.
- Make sure that asset are available in stock for newly recruited staff.
- Make sure all newly procured & already in stock asset and other property items have been codified before use.
- Set-up and upgrade of ACTED authorized software on each IT asset (antivirus, MS Office, Windows).
Communication and IT Management:
- Account for the overall compliance with the Communication and IT procedures.
- Suggest new possibilities in terms of networks and email communication system to the Senior Logistics Officer.
- Take responsibility to visit ACTED bases in case of any IT challenge
- Install any software for staff based on office need upon approved decision by Area / Country Logistics Manager.
- Ensure the repairs and maintenance of any internet or communication device/equipment on the field areas.
- Ensure that the internet is working all the time (24/7).
- Ensure that all staff data is stored and protected on cloud storage device.
- Report any issue, misuse, potential risk for the assets and other property equipment to the Senior Logistics Officer.
- Regularly control of the data server and security of data.
- Take responsibility for Monthly Back Up that must be stored on separate source (Back-upServer).
- Ensure that the Communication Allowance is transferred to all staff before the end of the first week of each month
- Account for the overall documentation of assets and other properties procedures.
- Ensure the update and accuracy of the Asset Documentation
- Controls that Assets files are updated with all necessary documents.
- Ensure that all hard copies of Assets cards, Assets List and Assets Maintenance Sheets are printed and updated.
- Files must be archived according to ACTED internal procedures and FLAT requirements.
- Control that tags and identification of Assets are clear for all equipment.
- Focal person for audit requests regarding all procurement documents for IT/asset/other property
- Comply with all the reporting requirements from Area/Country Logistics Manager.
- Make sure that Monthly Communication Reports including Comm Device Logbook, Email accounts FU, communication report and comm cost allowance are submitted to the Senior Logistics Officer in soft and hard copies are kept in FLAT folder on or before 5th of each month.
- Produce monthly asset follow up, other property follow-up and submitted to the Senior Logistics Officer before the 5TH of each month.
- All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- 2 years of working experience in the field of IT is required.
- Extensive experience and ability in operating Microsoft Office.
- University degree or advanced training/ course in IT field
- Exemplary communication and organization skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and can deliver results with minimal supervision.
- Must be adaptable and can work well in high-pressure situations.
- An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in the country and the region.
- An established network of IT-related contacts in Maiduguri
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages is preferable.
- Previous working experience with humanitarian agencies
- Experience working with displaced populations.
- Contract length: 6 Months possibility of extension
- Level: E1-1 (national contract)
- Start date: ASAP
Application Closing Date
29th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Cover Letter and an updated CV should be a single document (23-page minimum) in English and uploaded using the link above, carefully observing the details as follows:
- Contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional references must be provided, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer including that of the HR/Admin person. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applicants who are able to perform the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. CV’s – only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail; otherwise, it may not be considered
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. We apologise for the inconvenience.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- For general information about ACTED, please consult:www.acted.org
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases, Interview could be held before the closing date.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologize for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for a written test and oral interview.
- For general information about ACTED, please consult: www.acted.org