ACTED – Since 1993, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries with 18million Beneficiaries and over 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects, and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
Considering the displacement in the NorthEast part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Maiduguri to respond to the humanitarian needs.
We are therefore, looking for a the candidate below to support our mission in (Maiduguri):
Job Title: Logistics Intern
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Internship
About the job
- Logistics intern works under the direct supervision of the Senior Logistics Officer and Country / Area Logistics Manager. He is responsible for Assets and Other Properties Codifications, Procurement of Stationeries and Filing of documents (soft and hard copies) according to ACTED guidelines. In addition, he is also responsible for Asset Tracker Tool, carbon footprint report and provides additional support to Senior Logistics Officer when needed.
- To ensure overall compliance with ACTED procurement procedures.
- To follow-up with Finance department on a bi-weekly basis, the contract follow-up (CFU) to ensure all procurement contracts under scenario (C) are registered and recorded.
- To facilitate all procurements of running cost for the base.
- To Ensure information flow with other departments for effective service delivery thus securing the successful conclusion of the programs.
- To support the Procurement Officers on procurement workload when required.
- Ensure that office stationaries are procured on monthly basis and available in stock.
- Ensure that IT consumables are procured when needed and are available in stock.
Delivery Follow up/ Stock Management:
- To keep the stock files updated and a neat and clean stock.
- To ensure that the stock management documents are filled on a daily basis (based on the in/out of the stock) and ensure the weekly reporting to the Area Logistics Manager.
- To ensure overall compliance with the stock management procedures.
- To create and update regularly the procurement folders for each ongoing program based on purchase scenarios
- To support the Procurement Officers to keep the Order Form Follow-Up (OFFU) up-to-date on daily basis.
- To update the procurement folders regularly and ensure that all procurement documents are collected with high attention on transparency and ACTED FLAT guidelines.
- To ensure both soft and hard filling for all procurements done.
- To support the Fleet Assistant to plan daily movements of the fleet in order to facilitate adapted services to the program teams.
- To ensure Logbooks are properly filled by the drivers.
- To ensure the efficient use of the Generator(s) and ensure regular maintenance.
- To support the Fleet Assistant to fill the Motorized Asset Follow-up (TRA-06) on a monthly basis.
- To participate to the innovation of the Fleet management by bringing new ideas.
- To support the IT assistant to keep the Asset Follow-up (AST-05) updated..
- To create appropriate documentations when handed over assets to ACTED staff.
- To ensure the repairs of the IT equipment with the support of the IT Assistant
- To support the IT assistant in retrieving missing information about asset and other properties in the current reports submit to HQ.
Asset Tracker Tool set up:
- With the support of the Senior Logistics Officer, Compile asset tracker created by PD, inclusive all assets outlined in budgets narratives, to facilitate Logistics’ asset/tender cross-check and possible budget reallocations by Finance.
- Set up proper guidelines to fill in the carbon footprint report.
- Improve the relevance of the information
- Involve other bases in this process
- Ensure overall compliance with ACTED FLAT procedures
- Ensure systemic filling on the server and ensure the filling is properly done by the LOG staff
- Ensure proper filling of the hard copies (Waiver, PP, motorized asset FU, tender documents etc…)
- Carbon Footprint
- Asset Tracker Tool
- Monthly TITANIC
- All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- University degree / HND or advanced training / course
- Exemplary communication and organization skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, innovative and can deliver results with minimal supervision.
- Must be adaptable and can work well in high-pressure situations.
- An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in the country and the region.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages is preferable.
- Previous working experience with humanitarian agencies
- Experience working with displaced populations.
- Contract length: One year
- Start date: ASAP
Application Closing Date
29th November, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Cover Letter and an updated CV should be a single document (23-page minimum) in English and uploaded using the link above, carefully observing the details as follows:
- Contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional references must be provided, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer including that of the HR/Admin person. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applicants who are able to perform the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. CV’s – only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail; otherwise, it may not be considered
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. We apologise for the inconvenience.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- For general information about ACTED, please consult:www.acted.org
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases, Interview could be held before the closing date.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologize for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for a written test and oral interview.
- For general information about ACTED, please consult: www.acted.org