Global Affairs Canada (GAC) is the department in the Government of Canada that manages Canada’s diplomatic and consular relations, to encourage the country’s international trade, and to lead Canada’s international development and humanitarian assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Specialist – Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH)
About the Job
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC) requires the services of a Senior Advisor on Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) to support GAC’s Nigeria Development Assistance Program
- Canada’s Development Program in Nigeria is aligned with the Government of Nigeria’s National Strategic Health Development Plan II and guided by Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy, which prioritizes the empowerment of women and girls, and the integration of gender equality considerations across its health programming.
Description of Activities:
- The Advisor will provide technical services and advice to GAC to support its engagement in the health sector, with a focus on RMNCAH and sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR)
- This includes project support (implementation, analysis of challenges, results and lessons learned, periodic site visits), policy dialogue and donor coordination, trend and policy analysis, and strategic planning
- She will explicitly and systematically integrate women’s and girl’s empowerment as well as considerations related to reducing gender equality gaps and eliminating barriers linked to gender equality, vulnerability, and inclusion, into all aspects of her/his work.
Essential Qualifications / Experience
- Education: Postgraduate Degree from an accredited, recognized institution in a relevant discipline such as Women’s Health, Public Health, Global Health, International Development, Sociology or another related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience working on international development projects in the areas of RMNCAH and SRHR.
- Demonstrated experience of 5 years or more providing advice, including drafting briefing notes, sectoral analyses, and monitoring and assessment reports for senior decision-makers in donor agencies, government or civil society organizations or private sector
- Samples of work to be supplied upon request.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and / or external evaluation
- Demonstrated experience engaging with donor states on RMNCAH / SRHR programming
- Experience in the following subject matters: gender equality, social determinants of health, social / gender norms and / or behavior change in the context of health interventions.
- Global Affairs Canada policies, programs, and initiatives, particularly as they relate to gender equality, RMNCAH and SRHR
- Nigeria’s health system at federal, state, and local government levels, including knowledge of health strategies, plans and flagship programs.
- Results-based management (RBM), including logic models / theories of change and performance measurement frameworks.
- Knowledge and application of approaches to public health in the Nigerian context.
- Knowledge and understanding of the global health context including the international health architecture
- Knowledge of global / regional partnerships for health around RMNCAH / SRHR.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent skills in written and verbal communication, presentation and facilitation, and time management and delivery of finalised reports / deliverables by deadline
- Working knowledge of Hausa and other local language skills is an asset.
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their request for the Expression of Interest (EOI) format and detailed application instructions, attaching their CV / Resume, to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “RMNCAH” as the subject of the email.
Completed EOI and other required documents must be returned by email.
Note: Only applicants who follow the detailed instructions in the EOI format will be considered.